not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Special Delivery or Recorded Delivery?

27 Jun 2017, 14:24

I have two share certificates to send to Equiniti for someone. They advise Registered post but as that doesn't actually exist should I go Special or Recorded. About £4,500 of shares between the two certificates. They have to be sent separately.
Cheers.

27 Jun 2017, 15:01

My opinion: Special because of the value.

27 Jun 2017, 17:34

The question I would always ask customers in this circumstance is: if the certificates didn't arrive, would you be able to get your funds, and get them without spending too much time or money sorting out the problem? If the answer to any of that is 'no' then you definitely need Special. Some customers would tell me that the share registar could sort out any problems without too much time / money cost, in which case Recorded or even ordinary mail would be appropriate.

In this particular case, they did specify 'registered' mail, so that counts heavily towards Special. But I would also have a go at them for specifying a service which has not existed for 20 years.

27 Jun 2017, 17:44

Cheers very much both. I was wondering what the equivalent to registered was :Very Happy

07 Oct 2017, 15:32

It would of needed special delivery with Consequential loss, sometimes it might seem pricey but it offers the cover you need. Normal special delivery won't cover any delay (except postage) .. hope this helps

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1