not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Travel money

19 Jun 2017, 22:22

Hi guys, I’m a Royal Mail employee off on my holidays soon.

Before I go ahead and exchange all my travel money, I was wondering whether RMG employees got anything like preferential rates on currency?

Just thought I’d check before I go elsewhere.

Cheers :)

Travel money

20 Jun 2017, 06:54

NoahML wrote:Hi guys, I’m a Royal Mail employee off on my holidays soon.

Before I go ahead and exchange all my travel money, I was wondering whether RMG employees got anything like preferential rates on currency?

I worked for the Post Office for 15 years and we never got preferential rates on foreign currency. The only things we got were fee-free Sterling traveller's cheques and 15% or 25% off travel insurance. These offers were extended to Royal Mail staff until RM and the PO formerly split: apparently these employee benefits became liable for tax when we stopped being the same company. So we stopped getting free Redirections, Keepsafe & stamps at Christmas and you stopped getting all the reductions on PO products.

It might be worth checking whatever employee benefits package you have now for a forex provider, also CWU / Unite and Benenden.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1