not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Post restante London

28 Jan 2017, 16:51

Hi there,

I am starting a new job in London on Wednesday.

I am currently staying in a tourist hostel that won't allow me to receive post.

I am looking to receive some post via post restante.

Does anyone know the best places to receive post via post restante in London either central or south east around zone 2.

According to the rules I've read most should accept it but when I go into the branch it seems like they can't be bothered.

Post restante London

29 Jan 2017, 01:07

All Post Offices have to do it. Nobody wants to do it because there is no money, only hassle. Insist. But remember, it's only meant to be temporary, so don't do it for more than a couple of weeks.

Post restante London

29 Jan 2017, 03:31

When you start your job maybe you could ask if your mail could be delivered there until you get a permanent address.

Post restante London

29 Jan 2017, 14:55

I am looking to receive a tie so that I can wear it when I start.

Post restante London

29 Jan 2017, 16:36

yodsaenklaikoba wrote:Hi there,

I am starting a new job in London on Wednesday.

I am currently staying in a tourist hostel that won't allow me to receive post.

I am looking to receive some post via post restante.

Does anyone know the best places to receive post via post restante in London either central or south east around zone 2.

According to the rules I've read most should accept it but when I go into the branch it seems like they can't be bothered.

Often Post Offices don't want to do Post Restante but it is a service they must offer.
Maybe you could print this off and take it to the post office most convenient to you ;
http://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/poste-restante
Good luck.

Post restante London

30 Jan 2017, 14:21

I went into the branch and they gave me a leaflet about "Royal Mail Keepsafe".

They said they had never heard of Post Restante.

Post restante London

30 Jan 2017, 15:07

yodsaenklaikoba wrote:I went into the branch and they gave me a leaflet about "Royal Mail Keepsafe".

Another great public service they have managed to make dissappear, for tourist this was a life saver :sad:

Post restante London

30 Jan 2017, 16:47

yodsaenklaikoba wrote:I went into the branch and they gave me a leaflet about "Royal Mail Keepsafe".

Keepsafe is a totally different service from Post Restante. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Any Tom, Dick or Harry appears to run a Post Office these days but if they don't know about Post Restante they must be able to get the information, or rather instructions, from Post Office Headquarters for whom they are supposedly providing a service to the public. :thumbup

Post restante London

31 Jan 2017, 18:54

This service exists and the PO is supposed to offer it. Please make a complaint to PO Customer Services on 08457 22 33 44 (or the web form). I recently complained to them about a branch not offering the advertised out-of-hours service and I got a surprisingly strong response. There are a few slapdash franchises out there, this is the only way to keep them offering the service they are paid to do.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1