not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Royal Mail click and collect

22 May 2016, 14:51

Hi I'm trying to get sent a package to a Royal Mail click and collect site.

I don't want to get it sent to my home address first. It's a legal fitness supplement.

I have the address of a local Royal Mail collection site.

It's:

32-34 Above bar street
Southampton,
Hampshire
SO14 7LE

If I buy from an online retailer will they allow me to put my address as the billing address and then this adress as the shipping adress?

Or will Royal Mail reject this turning up at this address.

Will I have to do recorded delivery if I want this item sent to this address first?

22 May 2016, 16:15

yodsaenklaikoba wrote:Hi I'm trying to get sent a package to a Royal Mail click and collect site.

I don't want to get it sent to my home address first. It's a legal fitness supplement.

It's:

32-34 Above bar street
Southampton,
Hampshire
SO14 7LE

If I buy from an online retailer will they allow me to put my address as the billing address and then this adress as the shipping adress?

Will I have to do recorded delivery if I want this item sent to this address first?

Royal mail doesn't care about the billing address or your home address. If the sender allows it Royal mail will deliver to any Post Office (that allows Click and collect), even a WHSmith one, which this seems to be.

They wont advertise click and collect for just any address, but only those already set up for it.

22 May 2016, 20:08

There are several networks of retail outlets that act as collection points for parcels (Post Office / Royal Mail, My Parcel Shop, Doddle, Argos etc). Each online retailer makes it's own arrangements with one, several or none of these, and the retailer & collection agent have to agree a contract, price etc up front. You will only be able to collect your item from a Post Office if the retailer has a pre-existing arrangement with RM / PO: if in doubt, ask the retailer.

Alternatively, you might be able to use Poste Restante, but even if you qualify some retailers will not post to such addresses, or in fact to any address that is not the registered card holder's address. Again, you really have to ask the retailer what their policy is. Info on Poste Restante:

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/poste-restante

You can send any type of mail to local collect or Poste Restante but it might be rejected if it's quite large.

23 May 2016, 09:03

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
yodsaenklaikoba wrote:Hi I'm trying to get sent a package to a Royal Mail click and collect site.

It's:

32-34 Above bar street
Southampton,
Hampshire
SO14 7LE

Royal mail doesn't care about the billing address or your home address. If the sender allows it Royal mail will deliver to any Post Office (that allows Click and collect), even a WHSmith one, which this seems to be.

They wont advertise click and collect for just any address, but only those already set up for it.

Even if the online retailer does not have an existing agreement with Royal Mail for the bulk of their orders.

From what I understand if a single order is placed via Royal Mail recorded and signed delivery.

Then it can still be delivered to a Royal Mail click and collect point?

So for an online retailer who does 1000 deliveries rather than pay for every customer and have to pay 10% to Royal Mail.

If they take one item to the counter and post it via recorded and signed they can minimise the fee to a one off £8 or whatever the fee is exactly.

23 May 2016, 09:51

I find your last post a little confusing, but to try and clarify, this is a complicated system involving 3-4 parties, and Royal Mail is so big that different parts of RM almost act as several different parties.

Royal Mail's delivery side don't care about anything other than delivering to the address on the parcel, regardless of whether this is a private address, PO or whatever;

The local Post Office will accept any item that is sent and badged as local collect, with the decision on what is LC being centralised at head office level (and in practice, it's actually RM's business customer division which sets it up);

The retailer is actually at the centre of this and makes the decision about what services to offer, in conjunction with their bank.

In practice, what you need to is talk to your retailer, as they will decide what can and cannot be done. The agreement they have with their PDQ provider may preclude sending to addresses other than the registered card holder's address, so the retailer might not have any choice in this. Nobody is going to set up Local Collect as a one-off because it will cost hundreds or thousands of pounds in legal fees and new software for the retailer's website. The only other people you need to speak to is your local Post Office, and then only if the retailer agrees to sending Poste Restante.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1