not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

OBA business customers

04 Mar 2016, 12:29

http://www.royalmail.com/business/help/ ... _PM1_DM_01

Hello everyone

How to present your Printed Postage Impression (PPI) mail from 29 March 2016

Complete a confirmed sales order or posting cheque.
Place the mail into a mail bag.
Seal the bag with the appropriate service label, except in the case of Special Delivery, International Tracked, International Tracked & Signed and International Signed items: these must be presented in unsealed mail bags so that the individual items can be scanned.
For the safety and security of your mail, you must hand it over to a member of the Post Office® or Royal Mail acceptance point staff and do not leave it unattended. You should also handover the OBA Sales Order or Posting Cheque, the documentation must not be placed inside the mail bag. We are entitled to refuse any posting if the required documentation is not provided and the items are not presented to a member of staff correctly.

What does these changes exactly mean please. How do we present our parcels. I am concerned when Royal Mail asks us to not leave our paper work inside the bag. So how will they know that we have paid the postage? And what do the post office need our paper work for?

Your understanding and thoughts on this matter please. Many thanks in advance.

OBA business customers

09 Apr 2016, 07:40

This is causing confusion at my post office as they have no idea what to do with the paperwork :/
Yesterday they showed me a printout they've had which says to put it in the SD bag.... But they have no idea what bag that is :/
The printout also said to put the Red Cross labels on with a date stamp if the customer left the mail unattended rather than handing it in.... They always put the crosses on my bag as they say any ppi that's what you do....

I know they called the helpline but they were kept on the phone for a long time so didn't get any answer as they had customers waiting.... The driver who collects the mail told them I should put the paperwork in the mail sack still :/

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

OBA business customers

10 Apr 2016, 20:47

Luckilotti wrote:The printout also said to put the Red Cross labels on with a date stamp if the customer left the mail unattended rather than handing it in.... They always put the crosses on my bag as they say any ppi that's what you do....

Royal Mail fine the Post Office for sending mail bags in without labels on. Seven figure sums are involved, so the Post Office is very hot on this at the moment. However, the standards that RM set out for the PO have little to do with the way RM actually works, and yet RM continue to enforce the contract under pain of hefty fines.

OBA business customers

14 Apr 2016, 11:53

As an equally frustrated post office customer I can see the disconnect between royal mail and the post office growing its time you make demands on Royal Mail to help you into the future rather than fine more out of tax payers. Initially when Royal Mail was given a solid long term contract I assumed this would happen deceived yet again

OBA business customers

14 Apr 2016, 13:57

The Post Office is in a very weak position with regards it's contract with Royal Mail, so I don't see the PO making any demands any time soon.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1