not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Seniority? Right person for the job or NOT ?

26 Nov 2015, 17:29

As part of supply chain i have impending redundancy looming. Vacancies have been offered to re locate to Sheffield with the business stating that these positions will be allocated on a `Best man for the job` decision. This makes perfect sense to me but reaction from the union is that seniority will be the only deciding factor even if my position is re locating and i am willing to re locate. any views on this one would be much appreciated.

Re: Seniority? Right person for the job or NOT ?

27 Nov 2015, 09:43

mobungo wrote:As part of supply chain i have impending redundancy looming. Vacancies have been offered to re locate to Sheffield with the business stating that these positions will be allocated on a `Best man for the job` decision. This makes perfect sense to me but reaction from the union is that seniority will be the only deciding factor even if my position is re locating and i am willing to re locate. any views on this one would be much appreciated.

CWU in Post Office Counters section had long arguments about using seniority. The conclusion was that seniority is a proxy for age discrimination and therefore illegal under employment law. I am suprised to see it coming up again.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1