ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Crown Post workers vote to accept 'first class' pay deal

Post Office® discussion forum for our Post Office® colleagues from Crown, Franchise to Sub Post Offices.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Crown Post workers vote to accept 'first class' pay deal

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Crown Post office workers vote to accept 'first class' pay deal

http://www.cwu.org/news/archive/crown-p ... -deal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Crown Post Office members today (Wednesday 11th June) voted overwhelmingly to accept a "first-class" pay deal which will see their pay increase by up to 7.5 percent. The CWU - which represents thousands of frontline workers across the Post Office Ltd network - negotiated the pay agreement following the longest-running industrial dispute the union has ever experienced.

"Today's ballot result is testament to the quality of the deal we have negotiated"
Andy Furey, CWU national officer

Voting closed today with 95.4 percent of postal workers voting to accept the deal.

The pay agreement, for Crown Post Office employees, includes:

A consolidated rise by 3.9 per cent in wages with effect from April 1st 2014

A further increase of up to 3.4 per cent to be paid in one per cent instalments when targeted savings are achieved

Lump-sum payments totalling £3,300 ( pro-rata for part-timers), paid in instalments, and linked to Crown Transformation targets

CWU national officer Andy Furey said: "I'm extremely pleased with today's positive result which will see Crown Post Office workers receive an above-inflation pay increase. It's fantastic news for employees who stood firm throughout these long and difficult negotiations. This was one of the CWU's longest-running industrial disputes and we're delighted that Post Office workers have overwhelmingly voted to accept the pay agreement.

"This is an excellent settlement that would not have been achieved without the strength and determination of post office workers around the UK. Today's ballot result is testament to the quality of the deal we have negotiated, which will see post office workers pay rise by up to 7.5 percent with full-time employees receiving a further £3,300 in transformation lump sum payments.

"Post office workers have stayed strong throughout these protracted negotiations and I'd like to thank them wholeheartedly for their support and patience."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired

Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Crown Post workers vote to accept 'first class' pay deal

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Deal of the century. :nana