ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Mail Segregation Payment

Post Office® discussion forum for our Post Office® colleagues from Crown, Franchise to Sub Post Offices.
FirstClassTiger
POST OFFICE

Mail Segregation Payment

Post by FirstClassTiger »

Post Office Ltd appear to have rec'd an email from RM with details of post offices not to receive the segregation payment. I am a member of the CWU not the NFSP. Unlike the Fed, the CWU did not ask us to stop segregating mail and my branch has been doing the work religously for a long time now. There has been no reason given as to why the payment has been with-held.
As a struggling rural post office we are desperate for every extra bit of money we can earn, yet, for reasons which neither company will tell me, I've not rec'd a payment for 2 months now. Those months are the busiest of the year for most of us in both RM and post office. The outstanding payment makes a considerable difference to our ability to pay bills on time yet both companies are dealing with the matter agonisingly slowly and secretively. I am not allowed to raise the matter directly with either a POL or RM manager.
I know swearing is banned on this site so will just say that both companies need a kick up the **se where dealing with its workers are concerned.