ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

MSP slams 'out of touch' PO over proposed Bellsbank cuts

Post Office® discussion forum for our Post Office® colleagues from Crown, Franchise to Sub Post Offices.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

MSP slams 'out of touch' PO over proposed Bellsbank cuts

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

MSP slams 'out of touch' Post Office over proposed Bellsbank cuts

http://www.cumnockchronicle.com/news/ro ... bank-cuts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

OPENING times at Bellsbank Post Office could be slashed by nine hours under new proposals put forward by company bosses.

Post Office Limited is proposing the service at Bellsbank be cut to Mon 9am -12pm and Tues and Wed 09am – 11am,
Current opening times include a Thursday opening between 9am-4pm.

Post Office Limited are proposing that local residents access services outwith these opening hours at Dalmellington and Patna.

Local MSP Adam Ingram has branded Post Office bosses ‘out of touch’ with the needs of rural communities.

He said: “Post Office Limited clearly have little or no grasp of the geographic and demographic nature of the local area.

“Bellsbank has a very high proportion of retired residents and to ask them to travel to Dalmellington or Patna for Post Office services is an absurd proposition and exposes the lack of local knowledge Post Office Limited have of the area and the consequences of their proposals on the local residents.

“Senior managers are so concerned with viability and making money that they are completely out of touch with what the Post Office means to small rural communities.

“It is ironic that local residents have actually been asking for the Post Office to extend the opening hours and I would urge those who feel strongly about these proposals to make their views known by responding to the consultation before December 12.”

The consultation opened on Thursday, October 31 and ends on Thursday, December 12 and is seeking views on the proposed opening hours and whether or not there are specific issues Post Office Limited should take into consideration.

Responses can be emailed to consultation@postoffice.co.uk or in writing to FREEPOST PO Consultation.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired