ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Staff blackmailed into working says furious PO union

Post Office® discussion forum for our Post Office® colleagues from Crown, Franchise to Sub Post Offices.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Staff blackmailed into working says furious PO union

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Staff ... z2TMpH4bVV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

UNION leaders have accused the Post Office of using emotional blackmailing to stop staff joining the latest strike at the King Street branch.

Workers decided not to take part in industrial action called last Tuesday over plans to transfer the service to a local shop.

Around five of the ten staff opened up the King Street branch in the morning and did not join a day of national Post Office staff action in a growing dispute over closures, franchising, jobs and pay.

Lynn Simpson, of the Communications Workers Union (CWU) who was outside the branch last week, said: "Some of those staff were in tears going into work on the day of the strike.

"Firstly because of what is essentially emotional blackmail by the Post Office.

"They have been warned not to strike so were afraid to join the protests and also they have a huge sense of loyalty to their customers, they didn't want to let them down."

Looking at the threat facing the branch, Mrs Simpson said: "My aim as the local representative is to fight for this branch to stay open where it is. If it is moved from King Street then that will kill the street.

"Post offices are a community service and moving it from this street will be a terrible move."

Last week's strike involved around 370 Crown Post Offices, 70 of which — including Carmarthen — are due to be franchised or partnered with a retailer. A Post Office spokesman said: "We can confirm that all members of staff who were due to work on the last CWU organised day of strike action attended for work as normal.

"We have thanked them for this as it meant we were able to maintain a normal service for our customers.

"In speaking to colleagues, we are aware that they attended for work to ensure their customers were not inconvenienced after the bank- holiday break."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired