ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

mondays strike a plea to mangers

Post Office® discussion forum for our Post Office® colleagues from Crown, Franchise to Sub Post Offices.
panasonic222

mondays strike a plea to mangers

Post by panasonic222 »

I have just received an Email from Roger Gale instructing me to attend a branch on Monday to support my working colleagues.

No manager has to work in a branch it is purely a matter of choice. I will not be attending and I urge all managers to do the same. We must stand together against these closures if we don't POL management backed by Government will simply decimate the Post Office.

Managers need to look to their consicences. Counter staff the people who can least afford it are loosing money on Monday if managers keep branches open their efforts will be in vain.

If we loose this fight it signals the end for all of us so please don't attend a branch on Monday or do anything that isn't a part of your job description
You know it makes sense lets show POL that we aint gonna be taken for mugs.

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: mondays strike a plea to mangers

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

This one ?
Contingency plans - the following is a Post Office communication to managers in the Network Transformation Programme:

Dear all,

Some of you will have received an email this morning from our communications team, asking you to support one of our Crown branches on Monday afternoon. This is in response to the strike action recently announced by the CWU, in light of our Crown Transformation Plans.

For those of you who have received an email, you will need to make yourselves available to attend the branch on Monday afternoon. Exceptions will be made but only in circumstances where you already have annual leave booked or have a medical condition that may prevent you from supporting the branch. If you are unable to provide support for either of these reasons, then you will need to advise the POL Contingency Planning, team putting ‘Strike action – 29 April’ in the subject box of the e mail, advising them of your reason for not attending.

Whilst Network Transformation may have been excluded from providing support to the Crown network in the past, we are not excluded this time and so every possible effort should be made to attend at the branch allocated to you. You can claim your T & S (including any overnight accommodation required) in the normal way.

Around half of our team have been asked to support the Crown network and on that basis, Network Transformation will continue to function with a reduced staff template for the duration of Monday.

Thanks in advance for all your help and any queries, please let me know.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired
panasonic222

Post by panasonic222 »

no that one has gone to all in the NT programme mine was addressed to me by name with name of the branch I was expected tom attend on it
simjan
POST OFFICE

Post by simjan »

well said, hope all managers have the backbone to refuse, I thought, may be wrong but if you are doing a job that is not in your job discription you will not be insured if anything goes wrong,
jjj