ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Horizon - scanning barcode ranges on manifest

Post Office® discussion forum for our Post Office® colleagues from Crown, Franchise to Sub Post Offices.
Zixy

Horizon - scanning barcode ranges on manifest

Post by Zixy »

Hello!

I send a lot of PPI through RM, dropping them at the post office. We have started using tracked and signed, which generates a range of barcodes on the manifest, showing the first and last barcode in each shipping category.

I dropped them off yesterday and they didn't know how to process the barcode ranges on horizon. They scanned the individual barcodes, 4 at the start and 4 at the end of the range, meaning everything inbetween has not been updated as received.

So they only scanned 8 items of 94.

I'm hoping to find out how so I can let them know.

Thanks in advance!

cloudbuster

Re: Horizon - scanning barcode ranges on manifest

Post by cloudbuster »

Pretty sure they have to segregate the tracked and signed “specials” in to the priority mail bag, think they should be presented loose instead of in a tied PPI bag, and they have to be processed as pre-paid through the till, but honestly it’s been a while since I’ve had to do that type of PPI so I’d have to check the help section on the till!
TMG5

Re: Horizon - scanning barcode ranges on manifest

Post by TMG5 »

I know UK specials have to be seperate (but it’s cheaper to get it via online than business account)
For international there are bag tags for International Signed/ Tracked so by what I was told the International Tracked and signed go into bags and then are sealed.
They don’t normal scan the barcodes on the Manifest just the normal ones on the top with the first scan being at HWDC.
I been doing this since January and not had any issues yet.