ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hero postie rescues driver from crashed car

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Hero postie rescues driver from crashed car

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/14 ... mpton-car/

A HERO postie has been praised for dragging a driver to safety from a crashed car.

Tim Lowe was heading back to the depot after finishing his rounds when the car in front of him clipped a 4x4 and flipped on its roof.

The quick-thinking dad-of-two raced over to help the driver, who was trapped inside the mangled car, and managed to pull him to safety.

Tim, 33, from Wolverhampton, told The Sun Online: "I just sprung into action and rushed over to check the driver was OK and had no injuries.

"His door was jammed so I bust it open and managed to pull him out.

"To be honest, I wasn't really thinking and just went into auto-pilot. I probably should have checked the car wasn't about to blow up or anything but the guy needed my help so I gave it to him.

"Your instinct just sort of takes over and you're in the moment too much to think about your own safety.

"He was so grateful for the help and wanted to give me a hug to say thanks but obviously couldn't because of Covid. He was just a really nice bloke so it made me feel good to help him out."

Tim posted a photo of the car on its roof on his Facebook page after the drama unfolded yesterday afternoon.

Tim said: "Ninety-nine per cent of posties will help anyone who needs it - especially when we're on duty and wearing the uniform.

"I think people recognise it and it makes them feel safe so we have a responsibility.

"I don't want to slate the guy who left the woman on the ground as he may have been having a bad day, which I know doesn't make it ok.

"I just want people to know not all posties are like that and the majority of us would help you if you needed it without a second thought.

"It's not just about delivering letters.

"Work is obviously tough for us at the moment because of Covid so when you do something like helping someone it makes it all worth it."

Tim is now enjoying reading "well done" messages from family and friends following his heroics.

And he has also praised the emergency services for their quick response to the crash with the driver thankfully not more injured.

He said: "My daughters are both too young to understand what their daddy did but I'll make sure I tell them when they're older.

"My wife is also a postie but currently on maternity leave. She was really proud but a bit worried when she found out and wanted to know if I was OK.

"I think she's forgiven me now though."

Royal Mail have now thanked Tim for his heroic actions.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Hero postie rescues driver from crashed car

Post by POSTMAN »

Tim posted a photo of the car on its roof on his Facebook page after the drama unfolded yesterday afternoon.
Of course he did, Tim's nice but...
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.