not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

ROYAL MAIL LAUNCHES NEW DAILY COLLECTION SERVICE FROM CUSTOMERS DOORS

24 Sep 2020, 09:04

https://postandparcel.info/127050/news/ ... ers-doors/

Royal Mail has launched a parcel pick-up service – Parcel Collect – in certain postcode areas of West England as part of a phased roll-out of the service.

Parcel Collect is a new daily collection service from customers’ doors or a nominated safe place.

Customers in certain postcode areas of West England can pay for their postage and collection online or via the Royal Mail app and opt for ‘Parcel Collect’. Royal Mail will then pick up the parcel from their door or nominated safe place for 72p per parcel, in addition to postage costs. Parcel Collect is also available for pre-paid return items at a cost of 60p per item.

Royal Mail can collect up to five parcels per address. Parcel Collect is available six days a week and can be booked up to five days in advance and up to midnight the day before.

Nick Landon, Chief Commercial Officer at Royal Mail, said: “Parcel Collect makes it easier to access Royal Mail services than ever before. Whether you’re up against time and working from home, selling online or sending a gift to make someone’s day, Royal Mail Parcel Collect is here to help. The launch of Parcel Collect is part of our commitment to providing a great experience for our customers and delivering greater convenience.”

24 Sep 2020, 09:21

About time. Protect jobs by making it easier for people to choose Royal Mail rather than our competitors.

We have probably priced this service too cheaply though. Many people will happily pay more than this to have a takeaway delivered to avoid the inconvenience of having to go and collect it. I'm sure that they would pay the same amount to avoid having to visit and queue at a post office.

24 Sep 2020, 10:03

So now in the middle of a pandemic and increasing covid-19 cases we have pick parcels up from customers who could potentially have covid. Sounds safe.

26 Sep 2020, 20:48

gand wrote:So now in the middle of a pandemic and increasing covid-19 cases we have pick parcels up from customers who could potentially have covid. Sounds safe.

Exactly my thinking,nothing ever thought out for the safety of posties just all about money,was health and safety or the union involved with this decision,i can't even finish my delivery so at least ill have even less to deliver ill have to take more mail back to fit my pick ups in,nice one you muppets .

27 Sep 2020, 16:22

I thought it was only supposed to be a trial followed by a joint review with the union before national rollout. So much for the review. Come on Dave, Terry and co wake up. This management is just carrying on pushing through it's own agenda and ignoring you. If you don't wake up soon there will be no union :evil/mad :evil/mad

27 Sep 2020, 17:33

:Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
oypostie wrote:I thought it was only supposed to be a trial followed by a joint review with the union before national rollout. So much for the review. Come on Dave, Terry and co wake up. This management is just carrying on pushing through it's own agenda and ignoring you. If you don't wake up soon there will be no union :evil/mad :evil/mad

27 Sep 2020, 21:30

I take it these parcels will be picked up by postmen and postwomen ( drivers ) while out on delivery ? Royal Mail can collect up to five parcels per address ? Is there an official limit of how many addresses you pick up from every day ?

28 Sep 2020, 07:01

A maximum of 5 parcels from a maximum of 5 addresses per duty per day - so a van share could be up for collecting 50 parcels in one day.

28 Sep 2020, 13:51

Ideal another 20 minutes off walking :nana :nana

06 Oct 2020, 12:17

So my understanding is... We knock customers door, wait for them to open while being 2m away, wait for them to put parcels on floor, they stand back, we scan checking the parcel is not to large (still confused on size). This will be great in the oncoming weather. let's hope there's enough room in van with all the extra Xmas stuff. Back to office then wot,our office got no space now. So one area for returns and one for non deliveries. This is supposed to b happening in our office from the 15.They fail on walk eveyday. I think it s a good idea but RM have already f****d it up. Glad to see CWU involved.!!!!

06 Oct 2020, 13:03

It’s a great idea but there should be dedicated collection duties for this. Not just randomly sling more work for the drivers on delivery and rely on managers bullying tactics to get it done.

06 Oct 2020, 14:40

Royal Mail want as few dedicated collection duties/drivers as possible which is why more and more collection work is being put on deliveries.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1