not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Letters: 'Darlington Delivery Office is to decommission one letter sorting machine at the site'

15 Mar 2020, 07:59

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/opini ... hine-site/

WE are carrying out some local improvements in the Darlington area. They are designed to bring our business more in line with changing customer needs. More and more of us are shopping online.

Darlington Delivery Office is to decommission one letter sorting machine at the site. We need to increase our focus on managing parcels in Darlington. Parcel volumes are growing.

Letter sorting machines help Royal Mail sort letters in some delivery offices. They have done a great job. But, letter volumes have declined by 50 per cent since 2004. People are posting fewer letters and ordering more parcels. We expect letter volumes to fall by about 26 per cent over the next five years or so. The initiative will have no impact on the high quality of service we offer to customers sending and receiving letters in the area. Royal Mail wants to invest £1.8bn over five years to turnaround and grow its UK business. This is one of the biggest investment commitments made by any UK company.

We want to change from a UK letters company that delivers parcels to a parcels-led company that delivers letters.

The investment programme will focus on customer service improvements, digital initiatives and new ways of working.

This is all about sustaining your one-price, go-anywhere Universal Service.

Shane O’Riordain, royal mail managing director of regulation, corporate affairs and marketing

Letters: 'Darlington Delivery Office is to decommission one letter sorting machine at the site'

15 Mar 2020, 08:41

Lol I must have imagined going to every house this week then at least twice with letters.Council tax and water bills on two separate days.

15 Mar 2020, 11:42

Call rate varies quite a lot but is generally higher or far higher than the figure RM puts out. The lower call rate RM puts out is one of the reasons they will use to justify the new parcel strategy and that time will be saved if they take the large parcels & large tracked away from us. I think on my walk the call rate doesn't fall below 80% any day of the week and is more likely to be 90 to 95%. In short their plan cannot work on my rural walk.
We haven't had the council tax letters yet but I suspect they will arrive this coming week. We had the water bills though in batches and I had additional ones about cutting off the water supply to fix water leak repairs that had failed.

15 Mar 2020, 19:38

Celgar wrote:We haven't had the council tax letters yet but I suspect they will arrive this coming week.

My council tax form arrived in the post and the return address was a PO BOX address so if you've had a bulk posting with a PO BOX return address then it's possible that you've already had the council tax forms through

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1