ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail set to move Coventry's sorting office to Ansty?

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail set to move Coventry's sorting office to Ansty?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Coventry Sorting Office

Feb 5 2008

By Cara Simpson

ROYAL MAIL is to look at the possibility of moving its mail sorting depot from Coventry city centre to a site at Ansty after a meeting with a city MP.

Jim Cunningham, Labour MP for Coventry South, held talks with Royal Mail directors yesterday at the House of Commons in an effort to save the Bishop Street centre which employs 600 staff.

He suggested the firm looked to move to a site at Ansty, on the outskirts of the city, rather than Northamptonshire.

The proposal to close Bishop Street has sparked an angry campaign from workers who fear for their jobs.

Mr Cunningham met Royal Mail's director of operations Ninian Wilson, territory director west Tony Fox and area director Michael Stockdale,yesterday.

After the meeting, the MP said: "They have agreed to look at any alternative sites proposed by the Communication Workers' Union and Coventry City Council.

"I proposed a possible site at Ansty."

He said Royal Mail representatives said they would seriously consider his proposal and get back to him within a month.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired

DGP1

Post by DGP1 »

He said Royal Mail representatives said they would seriously consider his proposal and get back to him within a month.
Would that be like the consultations over PO closures :no no
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio