not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Dave Ward :Our boss at Royal Mail doesn't deserve minimum wage - let alone 8.5million

10 Nov 2019, 17:39

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... t-20853767

Postal union chiefs are being taken to the High Court on Tuesday in a bid to stop a pre Christmas strike. CWU General Secretary Dave Ward stands firm and says it's time we looked at the bosses of Royal Mail

If performance related pay was attached to the role of Royal Mail CEO, then I’m not sure Rico Back would deserve the minimum wage, let alone a £8.5m package made up of an outrageous £5.8m golden hello in 2017 and an astonishing £2.7m in maximum annual pay, shares, bonuses, pension and benefits.

You may have heard that Royal Mail are taking the CWU to the High Court to challenge the result of our recent Industrial Action Ballot next Tuesday.

The CWU will defend this action. The ballot result, one of the biggest in Trade Union history, was on the back of an outstanding campaign which we are rightly proud of as a union.

The legal challenge by Royal Mail is not about, as they claim, defending the democracy of the country.

The CWU are desperate for a general election because we know our members and the country need real change.

"Royal Mail are taking the CWU to the High Court to challenge the result of our recent Industrial Action Ballot"
In my opinion Royal Mail's action is selfishly about being able to press on regardless with plans to set up a completely new parcels business and let thousands upon thousands of decent jobs wither on the vine.

Rather than accept that 97.1% of workers voting for strike action, on an incredible 76% turnout, must be listened to, Royal Mail have desperately rushed to the courts.

Let me be absolutely clear to the Royal Mail Board: Your actions will not resolve the dispute – you have simply made the workforce angrier and the CWU and our members will not be moved.

Surely, it’s time for the media in the UK to ask more questions about Rico Back and hold him accountable.

How can someone paid such a sum of money not show up for negotiations with us about this dispute? How can UK postal services be handed to someone who is commuting from Switzerland?

Rico Back and his Board represents everything that is wrong with today’s business leaders. Paid to break up companies rather than grow them.

Rewarded for filling shareholders pockets rather than delivering a public service. Ignoring the collective voice of their own employees, rather than embracing them as their greatest asset.

Our members know what is at risk.

They see the gig economy model, minimum wage and insecure employment that is rife in the postal industry. We will not stand by and let this happen to us.

The solidarity from the public and trade union movement towards our members has been unbelievable and we cannot thank everyone enough. You can back our campaign by joining the CWU Supporters Network.

We are ready to fight back. Our members have been incredible and their resilience and inspirational strength will see us deliver an agreement they can be proud of - however long it takes.

Things are about to step up a level in the coming week. A simple good luck to your postal worker will give them confidence.

I’ll finish by putting one simple question to you: who do you trust? Your local postal worker or the £8.5m missing man?

Dave Ward :Our boss at Royal Mail doesn't deserve minimum wage - let alone 8.5million

10 Nov 2019, 19:24

Yet Rico begrudges 1 hour off the working week for us all even though it was in the last agreement for that is what this dispute is about, The total abrogation of the last agreement because they should abide by that and consult the union about any changes and eliminate the bullying and harassment which has gone up under his tenure ship!

10 Nov 2019, 22:22

k979aaa wrote:Yet Rico begrudges 1 hour off the working week for us all even though it was in the last agreement for that is what this dispute is about, The total abrogation of the last agreement because they should abide by that and consult the union about any changes and eliminate the bullying and harassment which has gone up under his tenure ship!

The bullying comes from top down...he is the biggest bully of the lot and by ignoring the solidarity of the union he is playing a 'long' / but crucially, WRONG game with our labour...why and how could anyone give this contemptible utter cnut anything other than short shrift is beyond me. Even the shareholders must be thinking WTF? There is something morally wrong in our country when scum like this rises to the top of a public service industry WITHOUT the backing of their workforce FFS!
Entschuldigen Sie bitte...OUR SOLIDARITY WILL PERSIST, however, our goodwill and labours may not...that much is certain to have 'withered on the vine'...HEY, basic pay = basic job and on that you can be sure of it. I am proud of my work/ my job and my service to my community, but, mr Back you make it very hard to think of you as anything but a complete swine filling his face from the trough and muscling all others outa the way to fill yer greedy fatface...
GREEDY BULLYING REMOTE AND IGNORANT...I truly hope when we leave the European Union your passport will be 'black-stamped' as an undesirable thieving non-native, whom is not welcome in our country...because you're certainly not welcome in our workplace culture right now. 97.1% said so. a few even posted themselves saying so...the point is WE ALL THINK SO. and yes we blame you personally for all that is wrong with the industrial relations dispute: lead from the front and stop being a cnut :chuckle

10 Nov 2019, 22:33

POSTMAN wrote:https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/our-boss-royal-mail-doesnt-20853767
Rather than accept that 97.1% of workers voting for strike action, on an incredible 76% turnout, must be listened to, Royal Mail have desperately rushed to the courts.

Let me be absolutely clear to the Royal Mail Board: Your actions will not resolve the dispute – you have simply made the workforce angrier and the CWU and our members will not be moved.

Surely, it’s time for the media in the UK to ask more questions about Rico Back and hold him accountable.

How can someone paid such a sum of money not show up for negotiations with us about this dispute? How can UK postal services be handed to someone who is commuting from Switzerland?

Rico Back and his Board represents everything that is wrong with today’s business leaders. Paid to break up companies rather than grow them.

Rewarded for filling shareholders pockets rather than delivering a public service. Ignoring the collective voice of their own employees, rather than embracing them as their greatest asset.

We are ready to fight back. Our members have been incredible and their resilience and inspirational strength will see us deliver an agreement they can be proud of - however long it takes.

Things are about to step up a level in the coming week. We can “walk and talk” at the same time.

I’ll finish by putting one simple question to you: who do you trust? Your £8.5m missing man?

11 Nov 2019, 15:27

is it just me, ….but by reading that report, I get the feeling Dave is giving the impression that we are going to lose this court injunction case. or does anyone else think so as well?... we will all know tomorrow.

11 Nov 2019, 16:30

k979aaa wrote:Yet Rico begrudges 1 hour off the working week for us all even though it was in the last agreement for that is what this dispute is about, The total abrogation of the last agreement because they should abide by that and consult the union about any changes and eliminate the bullying and harassment which has gone up under his tenure ship!

Hopefully the four pillars and the SWW isn't what this dispute is about. It certainly isn't about a pay rise either which is what the SWW is largely seen as being especially by posties on part time contracts who might now be in the majority.
This dispute is about taking the probable future market of the RM away from the current workforce and giving it to a newly formed network within RM where the staff are employed on lesser contracts than ours or even on fake self employed. The current rank & file will be left to wither on the vine dealing with the letters and small packets. Then RM will say letters are not viable and either seek to remove letters from their obligation or separate off that part like they want to separate Parcelforce then sell it off cheap to get rid of it.
For a lot of posties all the SWW has meant is starting & finishing later than we used to which obstructs other responsibilities such as collecting children from school or making it difficult for their partners to go to work. It has also increased the amount of unpaid work done within the business. RM says the SWW costs them money - from what I see the only people it costs money and time are the posties. Time to ditch the SWW and save our jobs!!

11 Nov 2019, 16:58

Celgar wrote:

Hopefully the four pillars and the SWW isn't what this dispute is about. It certainly isn't about a pay rise either which is what the SWW is largely seen as being especially by posties on part time contracts who might now be in the majority.
This dispute is about taking the probable future market of the RM away from the current workforce and giving it to a newly formed network within RM where the staff are employed on lesser contracts than ours or even on fake self employed. The current rank & file will be left to wither on the vine dealing with the letters and small packets. Then RM will say letters are not viable and either seek to remove letters from their obligation or separate off that part like they want to separate Parcelforce then sell it off cheap to get rid of it.
For a lot of posties all the SWW has meant is starting & finishing later than we used to which obstructs other responsibilities such as collecting children from school or making it difficult for their partners to go to work. It has also increased the amount of unpaid work done within the business. RM says the SWW costs them money - from what I see the only people it costs money and time are the posties. Time to ditch the SWW and save our jobs!!

The "Four Pillars & SWW" are along with other things what this dispute is about.
This agreement encompasses what you are also calling the probable future market, which it is to protect and build the business, the USO and a reduction in the working week (which would then result in a pay rise for the LTFT staff)

You mention that for a lot of posties it just means starting and finishing later!
How can that be? Work to your contract hours unless you want to do it on OT (More money)
You don't have to worry about how the management deal with it as that is their job to manage the hours and workload.

11 Nov 2019, 17:12

the last agreement for that is what this dispute is about, The total abrogation of the last agreement because they should abide by that and consult the union about any changes and eliminate the bullying and harassment ... so not about ditching the sww...it's about unrequited change to all our terms and conditions which are a legal agreement: broken by the greediest, biggest bully of the lot...a part-time union-buster foreigner domiciled to switzerland and a tax dodger whom is trying to shag our 500 year old uk institution within 5oo days...SOLIDARITY 97.1% SAID NO CHANCE!...DO NOT ACCEPT THE divide and rule efforts of rmg to water down our overwhelming distrust of this man's 'long game'...without consultation; he can and will do whatever he wants...SHAME on RMG to allow this...reckon WE should stay strong and fight for everything (including the sww - as Celgar points out...majority of rm staff opg's are pt and this is a major issue for them...THEIR MONEY, TERMS AND CONDITIONS)

11 Nov 2019, 17:50

which begs the question. how the hell is breaking a 'LEGAL' agreement NOT a case for the courts. WHY can't we just take RM to court for breaking a LEGAL agreement.??

11 Nov 2019, 18:46

Who hired this horrible little man anyway esp with his past history ??? Anyone know ? I now hate my job before i go out on the street , very stressful place . Fine when i get out of office , and try and give the public the best service possible . Still proud to be a posty ,

11 Nov 2019, 20:38

daveyeff wrote:which begs the question. how the hell is breaking a 'LEGAL' agreement NOT a case for the courts. WHY can't we just take RM to court for breaking a LEGAL agreement.??

I asked the same question on another topic and I got an answer: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15#p870215

yellowbelly wrote:
Janet Brum wrote:Why Cwu is not taking RM to court because they don`t respect the Agreement signed last year?
It`s not a binding agreement?

I don`t understand this????

Unfortunately the statement in the agreement (below) was so vague RM could virtually say 'X wasn't achieved, Y wasn't achieved and neither
was Z, so no further hour off and no pay rise for P/T'ers.'

From October 2019, a further one-hour reduction to the working week, subject to a joint evaluation of factors including ongoing efficiency, implementation of changes from trials in the operation and technological changes.

Also any judge in a court would say 'I'm not even looking at this if you haven't been through the ACAS/mediation route, stop wasting my time!' - so
the CWU have to go through the agreed industrial mediation process.

11 Nov 2019, 21:38

The question begs How can we trust RM with any agreement with these people who have supplanted themselves into the top of the organisation and bought shares at cheep rates to sell them later on at the cost to our terms and conditions!

11 Nov 2019, 22:06

True, however no one higher up is checking how they bought those shares after taking their price down...

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1