not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

CWU respond to Royal Mail request to delay strikes until 2020

31 Oct 2019, 07:27

https://tamebay.com/2019/10/cww-respond ... -2020.html

We have seen the CWU respond strongly to Royal Mail’s letter offering negotiation with no pre-conditions in exchange for a promise not to call posties out on strike before Christmas. The CWU don’t seem particularly enamoured with the offer, claiming the deal had previously been offered but Royal Mail decided to wait for the mediators report first.

The CWU claim that Royal Mail have rejected recommendations from the report with the CWU claiming that this make it impossible for talks to resolve the issue.

That the mediator’s report is now out means that the last two steps of the mediation process are now underway:

If either party is unable to accept the mediators recommendations then a further 2 week period is prescribed for further negotiations. The disagreeing party is expected to advise the reasons for rejecting the recommendations and their alternative suggestions.

If by this stage agreement hasn’t been met then the parties will write to each other to notify of their intentions. It is at this point that the CWU could notify Royal Mail of their lawful intention to call for strikes.

We can be pretty certain that if the two sides don’t come to an agreement in the next few days and weeks that the CWU will move forward with their ballot mandate and call for strike action, potentially as soon as over the Black Friday period and then in the run up to Christmas.

“Royal Mail Group’s position in this dispute is born out of dogma and raised on deceit. Today’s press release is a total sham designed to undermine the CWU and any prospect of an agreement.

The ‘significant step’ they refer to was actually proposed by the CWU on the 8th October 2019. That offer was to move immediately from mediation to formal negotiations with the proposal that the CWU would not give any notice to take industrial action for effectively six weeks, at which point we would reflect on the genuine nature of the negotiations.

RMG rejected that offer in preference to wait for the external Mediator’s report. They refused to meet all last week and only offered a 4 hour slot this week.

Their letter referred to in their press release was emailed late yesterday after 17.00hrs and was the subject of a press release before we met today. Ask yourself, is this the actions of people trying to resolve this dispute? Equally today they have rejected significant recommendations from the external Mediator’s report making it impossible for talks to resolve all issues.

We will consult with the CWU Executive tomorrow and determine our response.”
– Terry Pullinger, Deputy General Secretary (Postal), CWU

31 Oct 2019, 07:45

Whats the earliest strike date that can be called after the mediation period finished on the 8th November 2019

31 Oct 2019, 08:07

14 days notice is required under the Conservatives' anti-union legislation.

31 Oct 2019, 08:40

Will the CWU postpone the strike until after the december General Election in order to support The Labour Party's election campaign?

That is the question that needs to be asked.

31 Oct 2019, 08:48

2chorizon wrote:Will the CWU postpone the strike until after the december General Election in order to support The Labour Party's election campaign?

Would that not support the Tory Party election campaign just as much?

31 Oct 2019, 09:05

Rumple wrote:
2chorizon wrote:Will the CWU postpone the strike until after the december General Election in order to support The Labour Party's election campaign?

Whilst voters not recieving their black friday & xmas post could be construed as "evil tories / corporate fatcats / privatisation etc etc

traditionally voters associate national strikes and pickets with The Labour Party & Millitant Trade Unions

Millions of peeved voters having their xmas post disrupted will in all liklehood use thier votes to show their displeasure at the ballot box.

So i fear that any strike / ind action will be postponed.

(but I honestly hope im wrong in my assumptions)

31 Oct 2019, 14:15

2chorizon wrote:
Rumple wrote:

traditionally voters associate national strikes and pickets with The Labour Party & Millitant Trade Unions

Millions of peeved voters having their xmas post disrupted will in all liklehood use thier votes to show their displeasure at the ballot box.

You seriously believe that voters will use their vote as a protest against a striking RM?

31 Oct 2019, 15:36

Rumple wrote:
2chorizon wrote:
Rumple wrote:

You seriously believe that voters will use their vote as a protest against a striking RM?

It WILL damage The Labour party's election campaigm and take votes away from them,

The TU are labours biggest donor and long for someone like Corbyn to get elected so he can renationalise all the big industries and go back to the good old days.

I have told you what will happen

The strike will be postponed so as not to damage Corbyns & Labours chances in the GE

I tell u what
I'll come back here when they extract themselves from holding industrial action before the GE
and we will have this comversation again.

02 Nov 2019, 11:21

2chorizon wrote:
Rumple wrote:
2chorizon wrote:
Rumple wrote:

It WILL damage The Labour party's election campaigm and take votes away from them,

The TU are labours biggest donor and long for someone like Corbyn to get elected so he can renationalise all the big industries and go back to the good old days.

The strike will be postponed so as not to damage Corbyns & Labours chances in the GE

I tell u what
I'll come back here when they extract themselves from holding industrial action before the GE

Tweet from Dave Ward; "Lots of people asking if postal workers would strike during a general election. To be clear - we will do whatever it takes to defend our members. :Applause

02 Nov 2019, 13:52

Rumple wrote:
2chorizon wrote:
Rumple wrote:
2chorizon wrote:
Rumple wrote:

I tell u what

Tweet from Dave Ward; "Lots of people asking if postal workers would strike during a general election. To be clear - we will do whatever it takes to defend our members. :Applause

"It is now our policy to target the general election. There is no law to say we can't do that!" Pullinger told the Telegraph.

02 Nov 2019, 14:09

Aye...this is as much we could have hoped for half of over 65's vote tory...the majority of postal votes (1/5th of total last electoral votes cast were postal) are the elderly - quid pro quo CWU striking will be a rabbit punch to the powers that be/are...giving the workers a real sense of people power. Most folks take the USO for granted...it's time the parties took notice of our industrial dispute...97.1% are strongly against RMG EXECUTIVE POLICY, PLANS AND CULTURE. People will share our pain this winter and if they feel strongly about it they can organise to vote online/by proxy or get bus-sed in by their shit-a-brick MP. hEY, MAYBE THE MANAGEMENT CAN FECKIN WELL ASSIST IN THE DELIVERIES AND COLLECTIONS - AS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO - WHEN THEY HAVE MISMANAGED THE WORKLOAD/WORKFORCE...on yer own...100% drops! What a fun prospect to share some pain and Door to Door xmas pressure...they have accepted a bonus...now let's see 'em earn it! : :cuppa coolr

02 Nov 2019, 18:31

Whilst out on delivery today I came across a group of tory people going doing some early election canvassing .
I jokingly said to them that they will probably have to deliver their election leaflets themselves because we will most likely be on strike !. Is that just around here was the reply. No its national and did my best to tell them what the current situation is. I think you had better look into that were my parting words. Quite clearly its not common knowledge even in the political world or certainly not filtered down to local level yet. Apologies if this has gone slightly off topic .

03 Nov 2019, 22:50

transporter03 wrote:Whilst out on delivery today I came across a group of tory people going doing some early election canvassing .
I jokingly said to them that they will probably have to deliver their election leaflets themselves because we will most likely be on strike !. Is that just around here was the reply. No its national and did my best to tell them what the current situation is. I think you had better look into that were my parting words. Quite clearly its not common knowledge even in the political world or certainly not filtered down to local level yet. Apologies if this has gone slightly off topic .

cwu need to disseminate redrebecca post to Labour ASAP :coolr

03 Nov 2019, 22:52

:arrrghhh :cuppa SEE redrebecca post

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1