not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE




Postal workers will now ask to see ID before delivering blades to your home

18 Aug 2019, 10:35

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/p ... d-18955527

EXCLUSIVE: Homeowners will have to show their passport or driving licences on the doorstep - in a bid to prevent knives being delivered to juvenile

Posties will join the blitz on knife crime by asking for proof of age before handing over packaged blades.

They will ask to see photographic identification like passports or driving licences on the doorstep to prevent knives being delivered to juveniles.

The crackdown will be enforced in time for Christmas and follows a 20-inch machete being left by a front door after an order was placed on Amazon.

A Royal Mail spokesman said: “We are taking prudent measures to support the Government’s ambition to reduce knife crime.”

Currently, people usually only show proof of age to collect at a delivery office.

It is understood workers have been told age-restricted items will have stickers on parcels to help to ensure ID is checked on delivery.

The new policy could mean delays if adults are not home for deliveries. And posties warn that items that fit through letterboxes may not be checked.

Postal workers will now ask to see ID before delivering blades to your home

18 Aug 2019, 10:36

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
It is understood workers have been told age-restricted items will have stickers on parcels to help to ensure ID is checked on delivery.


I haven't been told. :hmmmm

Postal workers will now ask to see ID before delivering blades to your home

18 Aug 2019, 11:38

That will go down well on sat morning when dads in bed still. It’s not just knives. Any thing not deemed suitable for non adults to be handling.

Postal workers will now ask to see ID before delivering blades to your home

18 Aug 2019, 12:05

And if you make a mistake? who will be held responsible? YOU! that's who.

More f***ing chaos.

Postal workers will now ask to see ID before delivering blades to your home

18 Aug 2019, 16:39

Wouldn’t have though it’s any of our business.

Postal workers will now ask to see ID before delivering blades to your home

18 Aug 2019, 18:00

I haven't got time to stand on someone's doorstep while they spend ages trying to find their drivers license it's bad enough with some of them finding the key to the door, I'm assuming the quantity of these items will be quite small so what about treating them like a surcharge in that they have to be collected from the caller's office with the correct id.

Postal workers will now ask to see ID before delivering blades to your home

18 Aug 2019, 18:47

ted_e_bear wrote:I haven't got time to stand on someone's doorstep while they spend ages trying to find their drivers license it's bad enough with some of them finding the key to the door, I'm assuming the quantity of these items will be quite small so what about treating them like a surcharge in that they have to be collected from the caller's office with the correct id.

The trouble is this is just the start of age restricted items even dildos are dangerous and as are caffeinated drinks and not least all plastic items who resemble a gun or weapon even though real guns are endemic as are kitchen knifes and dildos are in number 10. But as I say it is not the item it is the use of the item in committing crime and the sentence for committing the crime that fits will prevent the misuses of items in future ie no light sentence for murder no matter the age of the individuals!

Postal workers will now ask to see ID before delivering blades to your home

18 Aug 2019, 20:11

k979aaa wrote:
ted_e_bear wrote:I haven't got time to stand on someone's doorstep while they spend ages trying to find their drivers license it's bad enough with some of them finding the key to the door, I'm assuming the quantity of these items will be quite small so what about treating them like a surcharge in that they have to be collected from the caller's office with the correct id.

The trouble is this is just the start of age restricted items even dildos are dangerous and as are caffeinated drinks and not least all plastic items who resemble a gun or weapon even though real guns are endemic as are kitchen knifes and dildos are in number 10. But as I say it is not the item it is the use of the item in committing crime and the sentence for committing the crime that fits will prevent the misuses of items in future ie no light sentence for murder no matter the age of the individuals!

Probably won't be too long before it includes any computer games, music or DVDs/blurays that are rated 18

Postal workers will now ask to see ID before delivering blades to your home

18 Aug 2019, 20:41

SpacePhoenix wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
ted_e_bear wrote:I haven't got time to stand on someone's doorstep while they spend ages trying to find their drivers license it's bad enough with some of them finding the key to the door, I'm assuming the quantity of these items will be quite small so what about treating them like a surcharge in that they have to be collected from the caller's office with the correct id.

The trouble is this is just the start of age restricted items even dildos are dangerous and as are caffeinated drinks and not least all plastic items who resemble a gun or weapon even though real guns are endemic as are kitchen knifes and dildos are in number 10. But as I say it is not the item it is the use of the item in committing crime and the sentence for committing the crime that fits will prevent the misuses of items in future ie no light sentence for murder no matter the age of the individuals!

Probably won't be too long before it includes any computer games, music or DVDs/blurays that are rated 18

The point of sale is the best way credit cards ie the ability of control of finance the legal point of sale is purchase of which it is a possession to be in possession of and item to buy an item. It is not for those who do a humble job as I do you do to police this nation with crap laws by crap politicians who cannot even get their fingers out of their own arseholes!

Postal workers will now ask to see ID before delivering blades to your home

18 Aug 2019, 22:40

k979aaa wrote:The point of sale is the best way credit cards ie the ability of control of finance the legal point of sale is purchase of which it is a possession to be in possession of and item to buy an item. It is not for those who do a humble job as I do you do to police this nation with crap laws by crap politicians who cannot even get their fingers out of their own arseholes!

That doesn't prove anything as the person receiving the item won't always be the person that bought the item.

Postal workers will now ask to see ID before delivering blades to your home

19 Aug 2019, 13:36

i checked the id boss, the householder says you didnt, but i did and prove i didnt..

Postal workers will now ask to see ID before delivering blades to your home

19 Aug 2019, 15:33

leolion855 wrote:i checked the id boss, the householder says you didnt, but i did and prove i didnt..

And You took a photo on PDA as per the team brief? No? Oh dear conduct code time.

Postal workers will now ask to see ID before delivering blades to your home

19 Aug 2019, 15:35

scoobydo79 wrote:
leolion855 wrote:i checked the id boss, the householder says you didnt, but i did and prove i didnt..

And You took a photo on PDA as per the team brief? No? Oh dear conduct code time.



What team brief I haven't had one, and photographing someones ID that has Privacy and Data implications.

Postal workers will now ask to see ID before delivering blades to your home

19 Aug 2019, 17:10

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:
leolion855 wrote:i checked the id boss, the householder says you didnt, but i did and prove i didnt..

And You took a photo on PDA as per the team brief? No? Oh dear conduct code time.



What team brief I haven't had one, and photographing someones ID that has Privacy and Data implications.

Neither have I yet but I can see it coming

Postal workers will now ask to see ID before delivering blades to your home

19 Aug 2019, 17:27

scoobydo79 wrote:
leolion855 wrote:i checked the id boss, the householder says you didnt, but i did and prove i didnt..

And You took a photo on PDA as per the team brief? No? Oh dear conduct code time.


The recipient wouldnt let me boss but they said if i didnt give them the parcel id get pummeled.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 2   1, 2