ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

March Postie Nick delivers for Dyspraxia Foundation a cause close to his heart

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

March Postie Nick delivers for Dyspraxia Foundation a cause close to his heart

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.fenlandcitizen.co.uk/news/p ... t-9077957/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

March Postie Nick Winterton has delivered for charity after successfully completing his eighth fundraising hike.

This year the father-of-two took part in the Peak District Challenge which involved 62 miles (100km) of continuous hiking over two days, he only stopped for comfort breaks and refreshments.

The event was organised by Action Challenge and this time around Nick chose a charity close to his heart the Dyspraxia Foundation, a poorly understood neurological condition which affects members of his family.

Image
Nick Winterton has completed a 100km continuous hike in aid of charity, (14429301)

Nick has completed a range of walks and hikes for charity in the past raising money for a variety of charities including Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital. In total his efforts have so far raised £14,000 for the charities.

This time he has smashed his initial target of £1,000 and has so far raised £1,500 for the Dyspraxia Foundation.

Nick said: "I really enjoyed the challenge although it will rank as one of the most difficult yet. The hills were fine but miles of rocky footpaths took their toll on my feet.

Image
Nick Winterton has completed a 100km continuous hike in aid of charity, (14429311)

"I had major trouble with blisters from about halfway onwards and the night stages were particularly exhausting.

"I had three targets this time.To raise awareness of Dyspraxia - a poorly understood neuroligical condition, to raise some money for the Foundation a small charity very close to my heart, and to make sure I completed the challenge. I'm so happy that it went so well again, and I achieved all three.


"Everyone has been so supportive and generous again which always makes every challenge I take on so special and failure is not really an option for me.

"The Dyspraxia Foundation were in contact throughout and promoted my event nationally on their Facebook page which was great.

"To reach £1,500 this time is incredible. To be raising a total like that after eight challenges is something I never expected but long may it continue.

"I would love to do something again next year and I'm sure I will pop up somewhere different in the UK at some point in 2020. I love the challenges and the fundraising so much I cant see any reason to stop and completing a challenge is one of the most exhilarating and self- satisfying things you can do."

To sponsor visit https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/NICHOLASWINTERTON1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dyspraxia (also known as Developmental Coordination Disorder-DCD) is a relatively common but poorly understood. It affects fine and gross motor coordination in children and adults. Although intelligence is not affected it can affect organisation, planning, time management and speech.

The condition affects around five per cent of children and makes it difficult to carry out everyday activities such as using cutlery, handwriting or climbing stairs.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.