ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parcels pinched in Troon Royal Mail double hit

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Parcels pinched in Troon Royal Mail double hit

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/loca ... l-14282053" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is feared thousands of pounds worth of goods have been pinched from Troon’s Royal Mail sorting office.

Audacious thieves broke in not once but TWICE to the Church Street premises.


The ruthless robbers targeted the office during night time raids and pocketing several items awaiting delivery to residents.

All sorts of things including electronic goods have gone missing.

And it’s thought the haul could have included expensive wedding gifts, devasting a local bride.

One angry resident affected, who wished not to be named, said: “I’m so shocked that someone would stoop that low.

“Some of the parcels stolen would have been gifts- probably with great sentimental value which just can’t be replaced.

“I’m annoyed because not only will I not get the item- which I paid a lot of money for and pricey delivery charges- but it’s also affected so many people in the community.


“I hate the thought of some old dear sitting at home panicked about her mail.

“I really hope the police catch whoever has done this.”

The raids were exectuted on Saturday, March 30 and again on Tuesday, April 2 just three days later.


A police spokesman said the locality policing team is hard at work investigating the thefts.

He said: “The Royal Mail sorting office in Church Street, Troon was broken into overnight on both the 30th of March and the 2nd of April.


“Officers from the locality policing team at Troon are investigating the incidents and are following a positive line of enquiry.

“A number of items awaiting delivery to local residents are believed to have been stolen.

“Anyone with information which may assist the investigation of this crime is urged to contact the officers at Troon Police Office directly or by calling 101.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.