ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sacked Peterborough postman protests outside Royal Mail delivery office over 'unfair dismissal'

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Sacked Peterborough postman protests outside Royal Mail delivery office over 'unfair dismissal'

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/new ... -1-8854900" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A postman sacked after 29 years has taken to protesting outside a Royal Mail delivery office over what he claims is an ‘unfair dismissal’. Paul Dixon (53) claimed he was let go last week over allegations of assaulting and threatening a senior colleague, which he strenuously denies.

Image

In response the dad of three, who delivered mail in Orton Wistow, has taken to standing on the pavement outside Royal Mail's office in Newcombe Way, Orton Southgate, for hours at a time holding a sign which reads "sacked unfairly".

He said: “I have got a clean record and never had any problems. I liked the job and was expecting to stay.

Now I’m worried about my pension.

“I’m appealing against this, and if that fails I’m going to a tribunal.”

Paul has now found part-time work, but he said he cannot afford a solicitor and is worried about paying his mortgage.

On his protest, he said: “I’ve had a little bit of support from the public. But I’m not sure how long I will be able to keep on with this.”

The alleged incident which resulted in Paul being let go is said to have taken place shortly before Christmas. Paul said he had been suspended on full pay for three months before being sacked last week, but he continues to maintain his innocence and claims not to have been in contact with his co-worker on the day of the alleged incident.
A Royal Mail spokesperson said: “Royal Mail can confirm that a postman from the Peterborough area has been dismissed following an internal investigation into allegations of gross misconduct. This is now subject to internal procedures and as such we wouldn’t comment any further on this case.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Sacked Peterborough postman protests outside Royal Mail delivery office over 'unfair dismissal'

Post by rubberbond »

I notice the lack of support from his former colleagues?
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Sacked Peterborough postman protests outside Royal Mail delivery office over 'unfair dismissal'

Post by NWpostie »

rubberbond wrote:I notice the lack of support from his former colleagues?
Snap, I noticed that too.

Probably more to the story ? It did say he threatened a more senior colleague, could he be one of these workplace bully they're glad to get rid off ? Maybe that's why they didn't walk.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
barcajr
Posts: 168
Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 01:04
Gender: Male

Sacked Peterborough postman protests outside Royal Mail delivery office over 'unfair dismissal'

Post by barcajr »

He doesn't mention anything about having support from colleagues, which probably tells you something