not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Royal Mail apologises after stamp price increase breaks Ofcom rules

22 Feb 2019, 19:47

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-02-22/sta ... ext-month/

Royal Mail has apologised after stamp price increases were found to be in breach of Ofcom rules.

The price of a 1st class stamp is to rise by 3p to 70p and a 2nd class stamp will also go up by 3p, to 61p, from 25 March, Royal Mail announced on Friday.

But the price increase on second class stamps breaks Ofcom’s current price cap of 60p, which is in place until April 1.

The postal service has promised it will donate the extra money raised to charity.

Royal Mail said in a statement: “Due to an error on our part, our new 2nd class stamp price of 61p will be 1p above the existing regulatory price cap for seven days. We apologise for this mistake.

“We are putting this right by donating the revenue we expect to collect from the error – around £60,000 – to our chosen charity, Action for Children.

“We informed our regulator about the mistake as well.”

A spokesman for Ofcom said: “We’re very concerned that Royal Mail has exceeded the price cap and we are urgently seeking clarification from the company over how this happened.”

When the price increases were announced, Royal Mail said it had reviewed the changes “very carefully” while seeking to minimise any impact on customers.

Stamp prices in the UK rate among the best value in Europe, the company added.

The Royal Mail said its research showed that the average price of a 1st class stamp in Europe was 99p and 77p for 2nd class, adding that the UK has one of the highest quality of service specifications of any major European country.

22 Feb 2019, 20:57

What an embarrassment, you'd think the people in charge would check the price cap before raising prices :roll:

22 Feb 2019, 22:53

just thinking of their shareholders :nana :nana :nana :nana

22 Feb 2019, 23:28

hans solo wrote:just thinking of their shareholders :nana :nana :nana :nana

Glad im 1 of them lol

23 Feb 2019, 14:37

Firstly we have the error re World War 2 stamps Americans landing in far east -not Normandy as should have been
Now we have this debacle !! LAUGHING STOCK in eyes of the public !!!
4/5/6 Depots throughout the UK-probably just tip of the iceberg - discipling personnel for various so called errors and now possible strike action at most of those depots !
Yet we never hear about the nameless/faceless departments/management making the above errors ?? which are on far grander scale why do we hear who made those errors/decisions ???
Said it many times on hear-we appear Leaderless/Rudderless at present -ROAD TO NOWHERE re future/decision making/direction we taking
I dont mind 6 figure salaries being paid out-but always said EARN IT EARN IT EARN IT!!
Baesed on whats happening re above/at present throught out Royal Mail -it is not being earnt or warranted
UNION re the depots in dispute -got to say their quiet -to quiet -the culture change does not appear to be working does it ???
PENSION ?? state of the political parties at present/Brexit etc etc Even though we only about to enter the month of March
more chance of me becoming Pope, then Pension done and dusted by end of the year !!!!
We hear the rhetoric of challenging times said a lot-but no substance -no plan for the future no actual action
Investors/Shareholders must be wondering what we doing at present
despite mail falling-my depot still spraying out overtime like confetti still ??
how can this be ?? simple the infrastructure is wrong and our working practises/walks etc are wrong
Amazed one of the big Injury Lawyers for you type of business not targeted us re our muscoskeletal problems
blank cheque for them if they decide to !!!
ITS TIME FOR THE PEOPLE AT THE TOP TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE and put this company back where it belongs
5 years we would all have said to friends/family join
Now i would tell nobody to work here -that cannot be right
The foot soldier is only as good as his commander
I Care thats why i write this
i take a pride in doing my job right-like most of us do here
but its time for the Senior Personnel to show their worth and currently its not happening

25 Feb 2019, 00:13

Regarding any muscoskeletal problems you mention it isn't entirely the fault of RM or even the union if most posties refuse to use LWTs in favour of carrying overweight mail pouches on their backs. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1