not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Manchester Royal Mail strike set for next week

15 Feb 2019, 16:52

https://www.cwu.org/news/manchester-roy ... next-week/

Postal services in parts of Greater Manchester – including the city’s airport – are set to be severely impacted next weekend unless Royal Mail management “urgently address” the concerns of workers at Wythenshawe Delivery Office.

Two days of strike action, On Friday 22nd and Monday 25th, have been called by the CWU in response to “two instances of unacceptable use of the conduct code” over recent months, which, according to unit rep Phil Tickle, “are just two specific examples of widespread historic and continuing unacceptable and unnecessary behaviour of management towards staff.”

One member was disciplined for reporting sick with stress, while another faced action for allegedly posting a complaint of management bullying on social media.

“But we believe that in both of these instances, the actions of the manager here was completely unfair, unjustified and related to circumstances entirely created by the manager and the unacceptable regime imposed here,” said Phil.

“One of them was given a suspended dismissal and both were given compulsory transfers – but it’s the view of the members here that management were completely at fault and that these are the latest in a long line of frankly unacceptable management actions here that go back several years.”

Wythenshawe DO. has been subject to two separate mediation processes over the past three years, but the full recommendations of the mediation team have not been concluded, explains CWU area delivery rep Kieran Regan.

“It’s become almost as if the management are allowed to make up their own rules and apply them however they seem fit – and this is totally unacceptable,” says Kieran.

Two weeks ago, members at the office returned an 88 per cent majority for strike action and the union’s postal executive have endorsed the two strike days.

Phil says that “there is still time for the business to avoid the action, but they must urgently address this situation.

“There are up to 39 statements from staff about the unacceptable behaviour which have never been addressed,

“We have a management team who seem to believe they are not bound by our national agreements and procedures, but feel they are unaccountable and can do whatever they want,” said Phil.

“This cannot and will not be allowed to continue and members are determined to deliver the justice we all expect and demand.”

15 Feb 2019, 17:39

why are we not dealing with these issues nationally
its one office after another
gets me thinking cwu are actually in league with rm

15 Feb 2019, 21:14

This stuff is happen in most offices around the UK

Everyone out

let's stop this culture once and for all

One of the biggest employers in the UK

Makes you sick what's happen around the UK with management

What a manger will do to get his bonus

Royalmail hang your head in shame

15 Feb 2019, 22:04

Yamr1 wrote:This stuff is happen in most offices around the UK

Everyone out

let's stop this culture once and for all

One of the biggest employers in the UK

Makes you sick what's happen around the UK with management

What a manger will do to get his bonus

Royalmail hang your head in shame

Would like to see what the mediators recommend in these situations.. after all the mediators were agreed between cwu an rm.

15 Feb 2019, 23:07

Delivering Mediation
As part of the Agenda for Growth, Stability and Long Term Success Agreement, mediation has been introduced to supplement the existing Industrial Relations framework, enhancing our ability to resolve disputes quickly.

How quick is quickly
There taken months to even get back to the offices or years the mediators,
when over 100 guys in they offices have to go back into work with the bullying management they walked out for.
So much for royalmails zero tolerance to bullying.
It's a total sham

Hope the mediators have a zero tolerance to bullying if not were living in the dark times

16 Feb 2019, 15:37

Yamr1 wrote:Delivering Mediation
As part of the Agenda for Growth, Stability and Long Term Success Agreement, mediation has been introduced to supplement the existing Industrial Relations framework, enhancing our ability to resolve disputes quickly.

How quick is quickly
There taken months to even get back to the offices or years the mediators,
when over 100 guys in they offices have to go back into work with the bullying management they walked out for.
So much for royalmails zero tolerance to bullying.
It's a total sham

Hope the mediators have a zero tolerance to bullying if not were living in the dark times

It’s all a fudge ! String the original problems out, rely on complacency and it’s back to normal again with no solution!
A disgrace really, and I can fully understand the members apathy when area and above level of the CWU sit on their thumbs and offer sweet Eff ALl to them in resolving what has now become a staple on going problem and complaint from its members. The members are entitled to work free of the B&H, and intimidation that is now treated as normal management procedure within RM. Scandalous!, far too many areas nationally with the very same complaints while nothing gets addressed, simply scandalous from a Union hierarchy that/who are continually failing their members of providing protection of their very basic human rights, of workers being subjected to relentless abuse from draconian management attitudes and their horrible actions go unchallenged. Embarrassing, and it’s unforgivable!
Serious, urgent attention to these wildcat situations is long overdue ! The CWU as a large representative body risk losing the faith of its members en block, how long are they expected to carry on with no protection. The mediators need to realise the urgency of these situations, it appears RM do not intend to welcome ANY culture changes anytime soon.

16 Feb 2019, 18:32

Worked in the company for years, I'm sad to see it getting run like this.
Greedy doms and mangers killing the business

Most in my work can't face coming into work now they way there treated.

Truly shocking

16 Feb 2019, 20:53

Yamr1 wrote:Worked in the company for years, I'm sad to see it getting run like this.

Truly shocking

Why is your office not hitting the gate then if its so bad.

16 Feb 2019, 22:02

aiden01 wrote:
Yamr1 wrote:Worked in the company for years, I'm sad to see it getting run like this.

Truly shocking

Why is your office not hitting the gate then if its so bad.

Too many members with no back bone !
The CWU leaders are no better and the rot has well and truly set in now, regrettably!

17 Feb 2019, 09:15

excuse my ignorance here but
CWU nationally should be hitting rm with a massive rule 13 if bullying reports or walkouts continue
failing that i would suggest reporting rm mgmt individually to police for harrasment as this would not be tolerated in normal life outside rm
action speaks louder than words and CWU very silent

17 Feb 2019, 10:26

hans solo wrote:excuse my ignorance here but
CWU nationally should be hitting rm with a massive rule 13 if bullying reports or walkouts continue
failing that i would suggest reporting rm mgmt individually to police for harrasment as this would not be tolerated in normal life outside rm
action speaks louder than words and CWU very silent
:
:Applause ! What exactly do they fear ? RM are the agitators, constant wildcat strikes based on the same issues.
I do not understand why the CWU hierarchy do not accept there is widespread, constant attacks on their members !
As a union they are not looking after the members interests, quiet simple, they are sitting back accepting/allowing intimidation to fester, a large powder puff union and RM management realise that for what it is!
Have they NO shame ? There are problems - obviously - high time they showed some leadership, or do the not have that ability ? Becoming an embarrassment and it is not going unnoticed by the members.

17 Feb 2019, 11:02

You tell people outside royalmail friends and family what's happen on a daily basis in your office and across the UK,
The look in there faces off Total shock and disbelief.
It actually makes my stomach turn now.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1