ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Praise for Aberdeen postal workers ahead of Christmas

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Praise for Aberdeen postal workers ahead of Christmas

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/new ... christmas/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

An MSP has thanked the local postal workers who are working to ensure deliveries this Christmas.

Maureen Watt MSP visited the Altens Aberdeen delivery office to see first-hand the operation of delivering festive post and to pass on season’s greetings to its dedicated, hardworking staff.

Ms Watt was shown around the office by the delivery office manager, Susan Ramsey, and was introduced to postal workers.

She said: “There is a huge amount of effort and dedication that goes into delivering a first-class Christmas all over the country. It was great to meet the team here at Altens Aberdeen and thank them for the extraordinary lengths they go to ensure Christmas parcels and cards are delivered to loved ones on time, as well as thanking them for delivering our mail services all through the year, in all weathers.”

Susan said they were “grateful” for Ms Watt’s visit to “see our preparation and meet the team”.

The last recommended Christmas posting dates are December 18 for second class, December 20 first class and special delivery on December 22.

Sign
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."