ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Christchurch - Postman taken to hospital after Barrack Road crash

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Christchurch - Postman taken to hospital after Barrack Road crash

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/ ... oad-crash/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

A POSTMAN has been taken to hospital with a "serious" head injury following a crash in Christchurch this morning.

Barrack Road was closed between The Grove roundabout and Jumpers Road following the crash involving a car and a pedestrian.

Officers were called to the scene at 8.41am.

Collision investigation officers are currently examining the scene of the crash.

Police Sergeant Phil Lee, of the traffic unit, said the road is likely to remain closed for some time while officers carry out their investigations.


"A male sustained serious head injuries and has been taken to Poole Hospital," Sergeant Lee said.

"I am keen to hear from anyone who saw the incident and ask them to get in contact with Dorset Police online or by using 101 quoting incident number 75 of October 25."

Police have also urged motorists to seek alternative routes.

A Royal Mail spokeswoman said: “Unfortunately a 55-year-old postman was knocked down by another vehicle this morning in Barrack Road Christchurch while he was out delivering.

"He has been taken to hospital with serious injuries.

They added: "We are helping the police with their enquiries. All his colleagues at Christchurch Delivery Office are thinking about him and his family at this difficult time.”

Traffic was heavy on Fairmile Road as a result of the closure and due to a southbound lane closure on the Spur Road.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Christchurch - Postman taken to hospital after Barrack Road crash

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I heard about this from a mate at a football match today. Hope the postie makes a full recovery. :thumbup

It does make you wonder about the job though. I'm sure we all have to cross busy roads at sometime (and several times in most cases). I must admit that during the HOT Weather I found my concentration wandering, and had to pay particular attention to things like crossing roads. The law of averages says that the longer your doing this kind of thing..... eventually the odds are you're going to have an accident. :hmmmm

I'm sure RM will be concentrating their efforts on wether, or not, he was wearing his Hi-Vis & and RM footwear? As I said to my mate the first thing they'll be really worried about is.... "Whose going to cover his duty " :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)