ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Niche IFA delivers for local postie with football team sponsorship

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Niche IFA delivers for local postie with football team sponsorship

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://citywire.co.uk/new-model-advise ... p/a1166206" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Postmen usually knock on doors to deliver letters, not make requests. But when Newport-based Niche IFA’s Royal Mail regular came looking for support for his football club, he did not leave empty handed.

Niche’s regular postman also volunteers as the manager of Crindau Corries AFC. He approached the business seeking support for the club and Niche agreed to kit out the team.

‘With local sponsorship, they can get a completely new kit for less than £1,000, which will last them two or three seasons,’ said Niche director Ray Adams.

‘But from a business perspective, you’ve got a load of young guys with families who play football, so they are at an age where they might need mortgages.

‘They then start the accumulation phase through their pensions, and of course they’ve got mum and dad at home they can talk to about us, so you are going to pick up something from it.’

Niche also sponsors local rugby club Hartridge RFC, which formed five years ago and has achieved consecutive promotions to reach Welsh Rugby Union Division One East, two levels below professional. It brought in a coach, Jason Forster, a former flanker for Newport, who won one Welsh cap.

‘Our community are our clients, we get our money from our community,’ says Adams. ‘It’s a way of giving a little bit back and saying thanks, but at the same time generating more business.’
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."