ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

March postman completes his seventh charity hike for Great Ormond Street Hospital

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

March postman completes his seventh charity hike for Great Ormond Street Hospital

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.wisbechstandard.co.uk/news/n ... -1-5669470" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A March postman has raised £1,400 with his latest hike to raise money for a children’s charity.

Image

March postman Nick Winterton on his latest charity hike. This time from Chepstow to Hereford 62 miles (100km) hike organised by Action Challenge.March postman Nick Winterton on his latest charity hike. This time from Chepstow to Hereford 62 miles (100km) hike organised by Action Challenge.
Nick Winterton paced out for his seventh charity walk which was the continuous Chepstow to Hereford 62 miles (100km) hike by Action Challenge.

He said: “It went really well and I completed it successfully despite several hours of heavy rain during the night making that part of the challenge very interesting and very slippery.

“I have raised a total of around £1,400 pounds on this challenge for the Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity and over £12,000 in total.

“I entered the challenge quite late because of my foot injury (plantar faciitis) and set a target of a £1,000 pounds which was smashed.

March postman Nick Winterton on his latest charity hike. This time from Chepstow to Hereford 62 miles (100km) hike organised by Action Challenge.March postman Nick Winterton on his latest charity hike. This time from Chepstow to Hereford 62 miles (100km) hike organised by Action Challenge.
“I really enjoyed this challenge it was such a stunning area although the weather made it a tale of two halves.

“During the day it was perfect hiking conditions with fantastic views of the Severn Bridge, Tintern Abbey and the River Wye, but during the night stages it was anything but perfect with heavy rain making the woodland paths a dangerous exhausting mud bath.

“I saw ambulances and paramedics busy so not everybody was so lucky with injuries.

“Thankfully my body and my injured foot held out and I got over the line again but there are never any guarantees with these challenges.

“I was thrilled to raise such a huge amount of money in such a short space of time and as always that is down to the generosity of family, friends, and the general public and I can’t thank everyone enough.

“I was also contacted before the event by the Hospital Charity and I featured on their Facebook and Twitter sites promoting endurance challenges which was great and hopefully inspired someone to take on a challenge.

“Next year I’m hoping to do another hike hopefully in the Peak District. I will be raising awareness about the medical disorder dyspraxia, and raising some money for the excellent Dyspraxia Foundation.

“It’s a charity I’ve been wanting to help for quite a while alongside Great Ormond Street Hospital so watch this space.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.