ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tributes to George Michael loving postman found dead at Wirral beauty spot

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Tributes to George Michael loving postman found dead at Wirral beauty spot

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... n-14985144" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"His four lovely children are heartbroken and devastated... there wasn't a funnier, cheerier, more smiley postman in the world"

A heartbroken family have paid tribute to a popular postman and dad-of-four who was found dead at a Wirral beauty spot .

Phil Sheard's body was found by paramedics on Croome Drive, Caldy Hill at around 8.30am on Monday morning after a member of the public raised the alarm.


The 54-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.

Now Mr Sheard's girlfriend Ruth Allen has paid tribute to the West Kirby man.

She said to the ECHO: "Phil sadly passed away on Monday July 30th. He worked for the Royal Mail.

"He started there about 17 years ago and there wasn't a funnier, cheerier, more smiley postman in the world.

"He made everyone laugh and the customers loved him.

"They invited him to parties and weddings by his customers. Who usually invites their postman to a wedding?

"That is how much he was liked. His colleagues at the Wallasey branch called him funny boy. He was also hard working. He was always there and always on time. They will all miss him.

"His four lovely children George, Katie, Harvey and Tilly Mint are heartbroken and devastated.

"All his family are heartbroken too. He was close to his sister Claire who will miss him. I am lost without him and heartbroken, as are my children Sarah and Jonathan."

Ms Allen told the ECHO that Mr Sheard loved music, gardening and DIY.

She added: "He loved George Michael and the group Rush . He was a good gardener, painter and decorator.

"He was always willing to do a job for you. All in all he was a very well liked man and a nice guy. Heaven will be lucky to have him. Goodnight Phil , a well liked man."

Mr Sheard's sister Clare Crowder said: "Words cannot describe how I feel.

"I gained my brother after many years and now I have lost him for good. Every moment I had with you was so precious to me Phil. And you knew that.

"We had a truly special relationship and bond. I have lost a very special brother. I will always miss you now and until the end, we meet again. I love you."

Colleagues at Wallasey post office paid tribute to Mr Sheard, who they said will be "sorely missed."


They said: "Phil was a gentle giant. Always made people laugh.

"Such a funny man, he will be sorely missed in our office and our thoughts go out to his family and friends."

Merseyside Police said that Mr Sheard's death was being treated as 'unexplained.'
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.