https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scot ... r-12974283" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ian Kerr was also left with a hoof print on his hand after the animal knocked him down in the loading bay at Royal Mail’s delivery office in Stirling.
A postman suffered cracked ribs and severe bruising after he was stamped on by a cow.
Ian Kerr, 57, was also left with a hoof print on his hand after the animal knocked him down in the loading bay at Royal Mail’s delivery office in Stirling.
The Simmental cow and her calf had escaped from Caledonian Marts, about a mile away.
Recalling the attack on Monday, Ian said: “It came at me like a train. I will never forget its face and eyes – it looked angry.”
The grandad of five managed to struggle to his feet and escape into an office. Paramedics treated him at the scene before he was taken to hospital for further treatment.
Ian, of Cambusbarron, who has been a postie for 41 years, told our sister paper the Stirling Observer: “I’ve been bitten by dogs and even pecked by geese but never butted by a cow.”
Caledonian Marts staff eventually managed to catch the cow and calf after bringing in store cattle to help calm them down.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Stirling postie Ian Kerr left with cracked ribs after being attacked by runaway 'cow'!
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Stirling postie Ian Kerr left with cracked ribs after being attacked by runaway 'cow'!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
lambe720
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 16 Aug 2017, 08:20
- Gender: Male
Stirling postie Ian Kerr left with cracked ribs after being attacked by runaway 'cow'!
Could he not Mooooooove out of the way!
-
Pathfinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
- Gender: Male
Stirling postie Ian Kerr left with cracked ribs after being attacked by runaway 'cow'!
I know o shouldn’t but I found his funnier that is should’ve been, blaming the heat and lapsing.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Stirling postie Ian Kerr left with cracked ribs after being attacked by runaway 'cow'!
Where you thinking of his brother JuanPathfinder wrote:I know o shouldn’t but I found his funnier that is should’ve been, blaming the heat and lapsing.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.