https://tamebay.com/2018/07/royal-mail- ... place.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Royal Mail has announced new enhancements to their parcel tracking. The announcements were made in their OBA (Online Business Accounts) dashboard and include delivery to a safe place, delivery to neighbour and service point tracking enhancements.
These enhancements all appear to have come from Royal Mail’s push to barcode all parcels and their recent investments in handheld technology which every postman and postwomen now carry. It's only by capturing the information that Royal Mail can make it available to retailers.
In particular, merchants will appreciate the customer service point acceptance scans as these should then also be made available to eBay and other marketplaces and count towards on-time delivery metrics.
“As Royal Mail continues to improve it’s business to maintain it’s position as the biggest and best parcels carried in the UK, we have recently delivered some enhancements to give more information about the status of your parcels.”
– Royal Mail
New enhancements for Royal Mail parcels for retailers
Delivery to neighbour
Additional information will be captured about the neighbour accepting the parcel.
Customer service point acceptance
Royal Mail will be providing an acceptance scan when you or your customers drop off pre-paid barcoded labels at Royal Mail Customer Service Points.
delivery to safe place
Royal Mail will provide information about Royal Mail Tracked 24/48 when a parcel delivery to safe place is requested
Unable to deliver to a safe place
Royal Mail will be providing information to customers to let them know that the safe place they specified was not available or not considered safe.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail delivery enhancements including delivery to safe place
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Royal Mail delivery enhancements including delivery to safe place
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Royal Mail delivery enhancements including delivery to safe place
In our DO the only people being shown these new things on the PDA, such as extra info about the neighbours taking in the parcel, photos being taken of safe places are full timers. None of us part timers have been told a thing, despite it all going live.
Same as all these team briefings that apparently aren't important enough to include us on. Can't have anything I interfering with our later starts I suppose.
I'm looking forward to being pulled up on something and being able to honestly say 'no one told/showed me that.'
I just find it bemusing the way RM constantly overlook a whole tier of their workforce in so many different respects.
Same as all these team briefings that apparently aren't important enough to include us on. Can't have anything I interfering with our later starts I suppose.
I'm looking forward to being pulled up on something and being able to honestly say 'no one told/showed me that.'
I just find it bemusing the way RM constantly overlook a whole tier of their workforce in so many different respects.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Royal Mail delivery enhancements including delivery to safe place
You should have been shown how to do it last week as it went live on Monday. It's not rocket science though to be honest and the PDA guides you through the process once you start it off. Just keep an eye out for tracked items with a black box with 'safe place' marked in white text. If the customer is in you don't need to bother with the photo process and can just click deliver to customer as usual. I think I have done three items that needed photos this week so they hopefully won't be too common.crimson king wrote:In our DO the only people being shown these new things on the PDA, such as extra info about the neighbours taking in the parcel, photos being taken of safe places are full timers. None of us part timers have been told a thing, despite it all going live.
Same as all these team briefings that apparently aren't important enough to include us on. Can't have anything I interfering with our later starts I suppose.
I'm looking forward to being pulled up on something and being able to honestly say 'no one told/showed me that.'
I just find it bemusing the way RM constantly overlook a whole tier of their workforce in so many different respects.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Royal Mail delivery enhancements including delivery to safe place
Thanks, for that. Daft though, not telling a huge chunk of your workforce stuff is happening and how to do it. If I didn't come on here I would be completely unaware of any of it.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Royal Mail delivery enhancements including delivery to safe place
No problem. I agree it is a massive fail on the part of the management in your office. Hopefully they get in trouble and not you if stuff isn't delivered as required.crimson king wrote:Thanks, for that. Daft though, not telling a huge chunk of your workforce stuff is happening and how to do it. If I didn't come on here I would be completely unaware of any of it.
Everyone has to sign paperwork to say they have been physically shown how to do the three new processes. If they haven't got your signature they are for the high jump and not you.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Royal Mail delivery enhancements including delivery to safe place
Yep,same at our place,even tho everyone is allocated 30 mins a week for work time drivel,no part timers ever get it,mind you full timers only get WTL once a month or socrimson king wrote:In our DO the only people being shown these new things on the PDA, such as extra info about the neighbours taking in the parcel, photos being taken of safe places are full timers. None of us part timers have been told a thing, despite it all going live.
Same as all these team briefings that apparently aren't important enough to include us on. Can't have anything I interfering with our later starts I suppose.
I'm looking forward to being pulled up on something and being able to honestly say 'no one told/showed me that.'
I just find it bemusing the way RM constantly overlook a whole tier of their workforce in so many different respects.
For we were soldiers once,and young