ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

March postman to take part in his seventh charity hike

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

March postman to take part in his seventh charity hike

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.cambstimes.co.uk/news/march- ... -1-5575548" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

March postman Nick Winterton is taking part in a 62 mile Wye Valley hike for charity

A March postman is taking part in his seventh charity walk for Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital by hiking 62 miles.

Nick Winterton will be taking part in The Wye Valley Challenge from Chepstow in Wales to Hereford in the event in August.

The only stops are for refreshments and medical treatment with a target time of 24 to 33 hours.

Nick said: “This will be my seventh charity walk with the other six raising over £11,000 pounds. These include the North Norfolk Coast, Hadrian’s Wall, the Dorset Jurassic Coast and London to Cambridge.

“I’m thrilled to get the opportunity to take on another challenge and its a real honour and privilege to raise some more money for the Hospital.

The hospital treats many local children and provides world class, pioneering treatment.

I have seen the fantastic care they provide first hand and it’s an incredibly emotional place to visit.

If you had asked me 6 months ago I would have reluctantly said no chance for a challenge this year, as I had been suffering with every Sportsman’s nightmare Plantar Fasciitis (aka Policeman’s heel ).

It was keeping me awake at night with pain and became a real struggle to do my job.

Although it’s still not perfect it’s way better now which is great.

I’m sure the goodwill and generosity of everyone will get me over the line this time

I haven’t failed a challenge yet and I intend to keep it that way !!

The challenges are always extremely tough and I seem to remember losing nearly half my toenails last year and also ending up on antibiotics for a swollen toe.

But that’s all part of the fun and I cant wait to get stuck in to this one !!”

• To Sponsor Nick ask him or any other postman in the PE15 area for a sponsor form to be hand delivered to your door.

• Donate in the collection box at the callers office at March Delivery Office, or collect a sponsor form at the counter.

• Via the link on Nick’s Facebook page.

• At http://www.justgiving.com/NICK-WINTERTON4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.