ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postmen use UMBRELLAS to stave off attacks from aggressive SEAGULLS

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... ws+Feed%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Royal Mail workers are using umbrellas to stave off the pests.

The aggressive seagulls, thought to be protecting their chicks, are swooping on posties, leading to threats of blacklisting whole areas.

Homeowners in Cyncoed, Cardiff, have reported birds causing havoc, making it impossible for them to leave their houses or for letters to be delivered there.

A note has now been sent to residents by the Royal Mail who said the “safety of our people is paramount”.

It reads: “We are currently experiencing some difficulties in delivering to you due to seagulls in the area swooping at delivery staff in order to protect their young.

“This is on occasion affecting our ability to deliver to you and/or your neighbours.”

The letter was delivered to 130 addresses. There are an estimated 15 breeding pairs of gulls that swoop on residents as the birds try to protect their young.

Ward councillor Bablin Molik said Cardiff Council wasn’t doing enough to solve the problem.

He said: “Lack of support from the council for areas affected by this is a concern.”

A Royal Mail spokesman said: “The safety of our people is paramount. These kinds of attacks can occur at this time of year as the gulls are rearing their chicks.”

Post can either be held at the Royal Mail office to be collected or homeowners can nominate an address away from the affected area.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

clashcityrocker

Post by clashcityrocker »

Why would you use an umbrella when you have been issued with a posting peg?
Why not phone up Robin Hood
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by PHARRY »

Issue posties with Shotguns to blast seagulls lol
gazza3010
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by gazza3010 »

It,s not nice at all when they physically attack you, they are big heavy birds when they make contact with you, no body I.e the councils, police , rspca, rspb. None of them want to help you. I am being attacked in sully south glamorgan.