ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Narberth postman Cefin Vaughan to take on 12 challenges in 2018 to raise money for Arthritis Research UK

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Narberth postman Cefin Vaughan to take on 12 challenges in 2018 to raise money for Arthritis Research UK

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.westerntelegraph.co.uk/sport ... ser_Cefin/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

Well, they do say life begins at 40.

And for ex-Crymych RFC player Cefin Vaughan, who reaches that birthday landmark in April, it signifies the start of a series of epic challenges.

Cefin, originally from Boncath but now living in St Clears and working as a postman in Narberth, will try and complete 12 endurance events in less than a year to raise money for an important cause.

“To celebrate turning 40 I’ve decided to test myself with what I’m calling the 12-12-40 challenge,” Cefin told Telegraph Sport.


“I’ll be doing this challenge to raise money for Arthritis Research UK - a charity that’s close to my heart.

“Many of my family suffer from it, and as a postman delivering out of Narberth Sorting Office, I see a lot of people, young and old, who have arthritis.”

Cefin has twice ran the Cardiff Half Marathon and also taken part in the Velothon Wales cycling event, and will start his challenges with the Llanelli Half Marathon on February 18.

If all goes to plan, he will finish with another Cardiff Half in October.


Between that, he aims to run the Swansea, Merthyr, Anglesey, Tenby (Long Course Weekend), Pembrokeshire, Port Talbot, and Severn Bridge half marathon races – and also complete the Parc Margam duathlon, another Tenby Long Course event in the 112-mile cycle, and the Carten 100 mile bike challenge.

And Cefin admits he’s taken inspiration from another former Crymych player, ex-teammate Mark ‘Aki’ Davies.

“Mark is doing what he calls a 13-13-13 challenge, running 13 half marathons in 13 months to raise money for Parkinson's UK. I spoke to him and he said I should go for it.”

And his targets?

“I know I’m not going to break any records or win any races,” laughed Cefin.

“But I’d just like to raise as much money as I can for Arthritis Research UK!”

To donate to Cefin’s epic effort, visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/cefin-vaughan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.