http://www.tivysideadvertiser.co.uk/new ... _for_2018/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BONCATH born-and-bred postie Cefin Vaughan will turn 40 this year and to celebrate he’s set himself a huge challenge.
He will attempt to complete 12 events in less than 12 months – including nine half marathons.
“2018 is a huge year. It is a year that celebrates 40 years since the birth of me! And to mark this, I have decided to try to raise money for a charity that I believe is close to every single family in the country - Arthritis Research,” said Cefin, son of Wyn and Janet, Ty Newydd.
Cefin has been a postman for 21 years. He was stationed at Cardigan for eight years and now works in Narberth. He says he has come across so many arthritis sufferers on his daily rounds and feels the need to raise money for the arthritis charity.
“I genuinely think that as a charity, and as a disease, that arthritis is overlooked. I’m not belittling any disease, but I feel that arthritis needs more attention,” said Cefin.
"I see so many suffer from it – young and old. My mum suffers from it, my grandmother and my aunty and more is needed to raise awareness of the condition.”
The first run will take place in Llanelli on February 18. This will be followed by Swansea, Cardiff, Merthyr, Anglesey, the Longcourse Tenby, Pembrokeshire, Port Talbot and the Severn Bridge.
As well as these half marathons, he will also attempt two cycling events – the 112 mile Longcourse Tenby and the Carten 100 miles- and the Margam Park Duathlon.
“I know I’m not going to win any event, and I’m never going to break any records, but, if you can donate anything, the A Team (Arthritis Research Team) will appreciate it so much, or even better give me an incentive to complete my 12-12-40 challenge by maybe donating something after every challenge,” added Cefin, who is supported by his wife Kelly.
“Either way it would be great if you could help me raise as much as I can for this worthwhile charity.
In the next few weeks, Cefin will set up a Just Giving page so that individuals and companies can make a donation.
He added: “I’m not setting myself a target as yet. I don’t want to set a target and not reach it or raise more than my target, so I’m keeping it very open for now and what will be, will be.
“But if people can donate, I’d be very grateful and it would help keep me going and give me an incentive to finish my challenges.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Boncath man to mark 40th birthday by raising cash for Arthritis Research
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Boncath man to mark 40th birthday by raising cash for Arthritis Research
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.