http://www.thisisthewestcountry.co.uk/n ... s/15776461._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IT IS a busy time of year for the men and women who work through the day to deliver your Christmas presents in time for the big day.
MP for Burnham James Heappey has praised the Royal Mail for the hard work the staff do, especially in December.
He said after a visit to say thanks: "Early start to see the postmen and women working hard to deliver our presents and cards ahead of Christmas.
"Extraordinary effort in all weather to make sure we’ve got everything in time for the big day.
"Huge thanks to them for everything they do."
But how should you say thanks to your postal worker, who braves the wind, rain and snow to put a smile on peoples' faces (and some frowns, for those receiving bills)?
Reader vote
Should you tip your postman/woman?
Yes - I'll give mine some money
Yes - Some wine or chocolates
No - I don't get a tip
I would but I can't afford it this time of year
No opinion
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
POLL: Should you tip your postie?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
POLL: Should you tip your postie?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4109
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
POLL: Shoruld you tip your postie?
Last year tried to palm off some wine and chocolates that I'd got for a tip onto my postie. ( I don't work at local office)
He said no thanks I'm on a diet !!
He said no thanks I'm on a diet !!