ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Boy with autism 'astonished' at appeal response

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Boy with autism 'astonished' at appeal response

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-40617727#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A boy with autism celebrated his 11th birthday with cards sent from all over the world after his mum made an appeal on social media.

Lisa Jackson from Southsea, asked people to send a card to her son Ben because no-one came to a previous birthday party.

Dedicated trolleys were set up at Portsmouth sorting office to handle the tens of thousands of cards

"My other birthday was awful - this one is a big improvement," said Ben.

"I could not believe my eyes. Thank you everyone - I have so many cards, I'm astonished."

Ms Jackson said it would be a birthday "he will never forget - but for all the right reasons".

Image

Ben's family said he was "devastated" when no-one turned up to a previous birthday, despite invites.

They had been unable to organise another birthday party since because of the effect on him.

Ms Jackson said the response to her appeal was overwhelming and had restored Ben's confidence.

She said: "I would personally like to say a big heartfelt thank you to everyone one of you for your comments and messages. It means so much.

"I never expected to get such an overwhelming response to my post and am so grateful to you all."

Royal Mail said tens of thousands of cards were sent to Ben.

Royal Mail's Portsmouth delivery office manager Justin Brown said: "We've never had anything like it before. It's been brilliant to be part of it."

Image
Some came from as far afield as India, Singapore, Australia and South Africa.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.