ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tivyside postie's charity bike ride raises 900 for victims of Grenfell Tower fire

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Tivyside postie's charity bike ride raises 900 for victims of Grenfell Tower fire

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.tivysideadvertiser.co.uk/new ... ower_fire/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

A TIVYSIDE postman has raised £900 for the victims of the Grenfell Tower fire disaster in London.

Peter Wilson, from St Dogmaels, was so touched by the story that he cycled more than 110 miles to raise cash to help them. He pedalled his way from the village all the way to Cardiff in around 11 hours, and all this on the hottest day of the year as temperatures touched 34 degrees centigrade.

He had set his sights on raising £500 but now all the cash has be totted up, he has raised £900 from donations handed in at the village Post Office.

“When I saw all the interviews of those poor families on the television I knew I had to do something and I had a week’s holiday coming up so decided to raise some money for them,” said Peter.

"I am pleased that the total raised on my bike ride is £900, which has gone to the British Red Cross London Fire relief fund. I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who donated money."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.