http://www.casinocitytimes.com/news/art ... ars-221328" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PRESS RELEASE) -- U.K. postman Ben Scott, 26, of Roker, Sunderland, is set to win a "life-changing" £50,000 after online betting site BetStars, an Amaya Inc. brand, offered enhanced odds of 5,000-1 on his £10 bet for Chelsea to win the Premier League title.
"I was stunned when BetStars called me before the season to say my bet had been enhanced to 5,000-1," Ben said. "I'm a big Sunderland fan so it would be a massive silver lining for me after my team were relegated. This season, I've watched every single Chelsea match and all of Antonio Conte's press conferences. I've become pretty obsessed.
"If I win the money, I would buy a house. I work as a postman and my partner Laura is a nursery nurse, so it really would be a life-changing amount of money for us. The biggest win I've had before was a hundred or two, so I've been nervous all season."
The Sunderland fan posted the bet before the start of the season and received promotional odds of 5,000-1 from BetStars, the same odds Leicester City overcame to win the 2015-16 league title.
Ben's original bet of £10 for Chelsea to be champions was placed against 5-1 odds and would have won him £50. He now stands to score £50,000 if the Blues win the league.
Chelsea lead second-placed Tottenham Hotspur by seven points, with three matches remaining. The Blues could secure the title as soon as 12 May if they win away against West Bromwich Albion.
Celebration
"I backed Chelsea because I thought they would have an advantage with not being in Europe, as Leicester did last year when they won the title," Ben said. "On the final game, I'll be at Stamford Bridge in the Sunderland end as we play Chelsea. I will have to wait until I'm out of the stadium to celebrate!"
Zeno Ossko, Managing Director of BetStars, said, "Ben has proved his sport smarts are absolutely first class. He called Chelsea as Premier League champions before a ball was even kicked this season and has scored himself £50,000 in our 5,000-1 special offer!
"At BetStars, we celebrate those willing to make big calls. We're delighted to reward Ben and hope he enjoys his big win as much as Antonio Conte's side enjoy their title celebrations.
"As official bookmaker of Leicester City, we knew the Foxes' feat of winning the Premier League against 5,000-1 odds last year may never be repeated, so we wanted to give our customers another shot. Congratulations to our winner Ben."
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
UK postman set to win 5,000-1 enhanced odds at BetStars
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
UK postman set to win 5,000-1 enhanced odds at BetStars
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.