http://www.thecomet.net/news/suspended- ... -1-4991735" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Letchworth Post Office employee who admitted stealing £19,000 from her place of work has been given a suspended sentence.
Sarah Bendon, of Whitehicks, stole a total of £19,009.42 while working at the branch between November 1, 2015 and September 30 last year.
Passing sentence at Cambridge Crown Court on Thursday, Judge Stuart Bridge imposed an eight-month jail term, suspended for 18 months, and ordered her to do 200 hours of unpaid work.
Bendon, 48, must also fulfil a 20-day rehabilitation activity requirement and pay £100 surcharge.
She pleaded guilty to theft from an employer when she appeared before Stevenage magistrates last month.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Suspended sentence for Letchworth Post Office worker who stole 19,000 from branch
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Suspended sentence for Letchworth Post Office worker who stole 19,000 from branch
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Suspended sentence for Letchworth Post Office worker who stole 19,000 from branch
so 220 hours of inconvenience and a £100 fine for £19k cash.
where do I sign up, sounds like a very good deal to me.
where do I sign up, sounds like a very good deal to me.