ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postman Nick prepares for his sixth mammoth challenge for charity

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Postman Nick prepares for his sixth mammoth challenge for charity

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.cambstimes.co.uk/news/postma ... -1-4983682" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

March postman Nick Winterton is walking 62 miles of the Cotswold Way Challenge to raise funds for Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital.

The continuous hike from Bath to Cheltenham is in July.

http://www.cambstimes.co.uk/polopoly_fs/1.4983680.1492699419!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/image.jpgHe said: “It’s great to be doing another challenge to raise money for the hospital, but I’m reluctant to take any credit.

“That goes to everyone out there who has been so generous and put their hands in their pockets over the years and I can’t thank them enough.

“That’s what makes these events so special and a great talking point. I get asked every single week when my next walk is which is lovely and I aim to keep doing them as long as possible.

“The hospital has treated many local children, and each year I speak to someone on delivery who tells me their story, and that makes every step worthwhile.

“Action Challenge events are some of the hardest out there and I would love to get another medal, but there are no guarantees or room for complacency, as a significant number of people always fail to finish.

“Fortunately that hasn’t happened to me yet and I aim to keep it that way.

“I’ve raised around £500 so far which is a great start. Its my first walk in the West of England so I cant wait to get on with it”

This will be his sixth charity walk with the other five raising just under £10,000 pounds.

The other five include the North Norfolk Coast, Hadrian’s Wall, The Dorset Jurassic Coast, London to Cambridge and The South Coast Challenge.

Last years South Coast Challenge raised the most at an impressive £2,300.

The target amount for this years challenge is £1,000.

The only stop for this year’s event are for refreshments and medical treatment. Target time is 24-33 hours starting on Saturday July 1 to Sunday 2.

• You can ask Nick or any other postman in the PE15 postode area for a sponsor form to be delivered straight to your door.

• Donate in the box or collect a sponsor form in the callers office at March Delivery Office, Dartford Rd, March.

• Or at http://www.justgiving.com/NICK-WINTERTON3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

• Via the link on his Facebook page.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.