ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postman delivers new career

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Postman delivers new career

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/news/pos ... -1-4421384" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

A postman has put his stamp on the wedding industry by winning a top award only six months after setting up his business. Danny Sweeney took a two year sabbatical to fulfil his dream of becoming a full-time piper.

The 43-year-old from Stenhousemuir launched Piper Dan in October last year. Since then he has been in demand for wedding and corporate events with his diary already filling up for 2017. He was shortlisted in the Best Entertainment category at the recent Scottish Wedding Awards – and delighted to win.

He said: “I went along just to make some connections and I couldn’t believe it when I was called up on stage to get the award.

Deciding to go full-time took a number of years to do - I’d actually gone to Business Gateway three years ago with my idea – but it wasn’t until I had to starting knocking back gigs due to my postal work commitments that I decided to give it a go full-time.” Danny bought his first chanter aged 11 and won his first piping competition three years later.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.