ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Breage thanks retiring village postman Paul Redford with Cornish Pirates shirt

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/15 ... rise_gift/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A group of Breage residents have delivered a surprise thank you gift to their village postman as he prepares to retire.

Paul Redford is based out of Helston Post Office and has been Breage's postman for the last five years, although he has been in the service for much longer.

In that space of time he has sealed the affection of the village through his willingness to help out in any way possible.

Roy Treloar, the former village postmaster for 15 years who has since handed over to his son Peran and daughter-in-law Marisha, said: "He's ever so good as a postman. If people are on holiday he will keep the post for them or put it where they want. He will check on people if he hasn't had a reply for a few days.

"He's an all round good postman."

After learning that Paul was soon to retire, due to ill health, villager Robin Carr organised a collection in order to give something back to the loyal postie.

The result was that this week rugby fan Paul unwrapped a Cornish Pirates shirt, with the remainder of the donations given to him in cash.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Lounge Lizard »

"If people are on holiday he will keep the post for them or put it where they want" :thumbup
Yes, no need for a Keepsafe. :no no