ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Special delivery: Radlett postman Ian Wells to take on cycle challenge for charity

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Special delivery: Radlett postman Ian Wells to take on cycle challenge for charity

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.times-series.co.uk/news/1514 ... r_charity/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A postman is taking on a cycle challenge to raise money for children with cancer.

Ian Wells, 27, of Pinfold Road, in Bushey, has been a postman in the Radlett area for nearly 10 years and now he has decided to take part in the London-Surrey 100 mile cycle.

The idea came to Mr Wells after his brother and father-in-law did a 46 cycle last year. Now Mr Wells is currently training for the 100-mile cycle ride with his family.

He said: "I am quite well-known in the Radlett area because I am a postman there. When I first started all the other postman would be on bikes as well but now that has stopped.

"I wanted to do this cycle ride for charity after hearing about Bradley Lowery."

Bradley is a five-year-old who at the age of 18 months was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma and battled with it until he was successful in beating the cancer. But in July 2016, Bradley relapsed and is due to undergo treatment now.

Mr Wells said: "Seeing Bradley on the news was just heartbreaking and he is the main reason I am doing this cycle for Children with Cancer.

"They advise to start training for the race around March and I have already done a 54 mile cycle last Sunday."

Mr Wells will be training and completing the cycle with his brother and father-in-law but due to the nature of the cycle they all have different start times.

He said: "It is going to be difficult doing the race without the support of my family doing the cycle with me but I am confident I will do it and beat my target fundraising amount."

Initially Mr Wells was looking to raise around £700 for the charity but after setting up a Virgin money giving page in February but he has already raised more than £500.

He said: "I am now aiming to raise at least £1,000 for the charity and I am confident I will achieve that amount and hopefully raise more.

"Most of the money has come from residents in Radlett and I appreciate the help."

The cycle will be held at the end of July. Donations can be made here. http://bit.ly/2mlBH24" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.