Royal Mail workers walk out of Plymouth sorting office after dispute
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/royal-m ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Staff at a Plymouth Royal Mail sorting office staged a walk out after a dispute.
Witnesses reported all the staff left the building en masse this morning, reportedly after a colleague had been fired.
One member of the public, who wished to remain anonymous, said: "I just wanted to get a parcel.
"I thought it was a fire alarm maybe and then I heard a worker on the phone say: 'They won't come back until he's re-instated'.
"Then I asked a worker if it was a fire drill, and he said they had walked out."
A postal worker told The Herald: "It's all done and dusted now, but we walked out after a member of staff was fired for misconduct."
Plymouth and East Cornwall Branch secretary for the Communication Workers Union Ralph Ferrett said: "There was an incident relating to a disagreement at the office, which was a flash point.
"After a brief stop everybody at West Park returned to work and we have reached an agreement which we believe resolves the issue."
Mr Ferrett said he was not prepared to comment on reports that a member of staff had been fired, but added: "All Royal Mail in the West Park area would be delivered as normal."
Royal Mail spokesperson, Morag Turnbull, said: "Royal Mail is disappointed that unballoted industrial action took place for a short time this morning at West Park Delivery Office in Plymouth.
"We apologise to customers in the PL5 and six areas for any disruption to their mail services. We are doing all we can to minimise this disruption.
"Royal Mail is fully committed to the process of trying to resolve concerns of postal workers based in Plymouth by following the national jointly agreed framework with the Communication Workers Union (CWU)."
Photos from Dave Wards Facebook page:
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16997868_381398208884316_3681051215802907155_n.jpg?oh=d997da15a1b097abc4b791c27fc126ea&oe=593EB6E6https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16864851_381398212217649_7611367507735167306_n.jpg?oh=98e663b512e536793bcd3d8d906705cf&oe=5948622Bhttps://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16807092_381398242217646_1219986186305967413_n.jpg?oh=df6ba18eb9fb98d11c4aaefd1c8921e2&oe=59302C62https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16807035_381398245550979_8019102260657696862_n.jpg?oh=445722429d5f7efdd3ad6f2e4deb88d7&oe=5936954E
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail workers walk out of Plymouth West Park office after dispute
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Royal Mail workers walk out of Plymouth West Park office after dispute
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.