http://postandparcel.info/78170/news/ro ... continues/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Royal Mail has restarted the deployment of its new PDAs and the postal operator expects the roll-out to be completed in the coming months.
In a notice posted on the myroyalmail.com website today (15 February), Royal Mail said: “The teething problems related to our technology back office have been largely solved, and a new team who are monitoring PDA performance closely are ready to step in if issues arise.”
The notice continued: “We’re adding new technology to our Customer Service Points with the rolling out of card payment machines in most of our offices. The machines will help customers who have to pay customs charges, or excess postage fees, and will accept all cards including contactless and Apple and Android Pay.
“We are also introducing electronic label printers, which will allow customers to show us the booking confirmation codes on their phone. These can then be scanned to automatically print parcel labels.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail PDA roll-out continues
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Royal Mail PDA roll-out continues
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Royal Mail PDA roll-out continues
Not even remotely close to being true.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:....Royal Mail said: “The teething problems related to our technology back office have been largely solved”....
They haven't even solved the problems of the old ones yet.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12189
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Royal Mail PDA roll-out continues
Why would they when the old ones are being phased out, the manufacturer stopped making the old ones a few years agoUnhappyGremlin wrote:They haven't even solved the problems of the old ones yet.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Royal Mail PDA roll-out continues
The point I was making is that we have had the previous generation PDA's for nearly 10 years, and they still don't work properly.SpacePhoenix wrote:Why would they when the old ones are being phased out, the manufacturer stopped making the old ones a few years agoUnhappyGremlin wrote:They haven't even solved the problems of the old ones yet.
They still have considerable issues.
Now RM are claiming they have fixed the new ones. Which they haven't.
And, as history suggests, they won't. That's my point.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.