http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/ ... -1-7566706" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
A postman from Harpole has been crowned the British Quiz champion 2016.
Nic Paul, who has been competing in quiz contests for 25 years, beat professional ‘quizzers’ including Kevin Ashman and Pat Gibson, who appear on the BBC2 programme Eggheads as well as Anne Hegerty and Paul Sinnerman, who appear on ITV1’s The Chase.
The 44-year-old triumphed at the British Quiz championships held in Coventry on Saturday. The competition involves contestants answering 40 questions in six different categories.
Mr Paul, who won £32,000 when he appeared on ITV1’s Who Wants To Be a Millionaire?, said: “It was totally unexpected. “I was dazed when they announced I had won. I could not believe it.
“I am very pleased to have won. I felt like they were strong questions for me. I am good on entertainment but I also found the art and culture questions quite accessible.”
Mr Paul says he trains for the quiz competitions by reading a newspaper from front to back every day and regularly reading fact-based books.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postie from Harpole crowned British Quiz champion
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postie from Harpole crowned British Quiz champion
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.