http://www.westbriton.co.uk/police-call ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A suspicious package discovered at Royal Mail's sorting office in Saltash contained a white substance believed to be drugs, police say.
Officers were called to the town's delivery office on Wesley Road yesterday morning, after a package containing the powder was found.
Initial investigations are underway to determine what the powder is, but police believe it to be drugs.
A spokesperson for Devon and Cornwall Police said: "Police were informed by the Post Office in Saltash that a small package containing an unknown powder had fallen out of a package in the sorting office on Tuesday morning.
"Police are working under the belief that the powder is drugs, and initial investigations are underway."
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Devon and Cornwall Police called out after suspicious package is discovered in Saltash
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Devon and Cornwall Police called out after suspicious package is discovered in Saltash
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Devon and Cornwall Police called out after suspicious package is discovered in Saltash
I doubt it. I collect from a firm that sells exclusively powdered products, like baking soda and other things used in the home/cooking, and in their package form they would look just as suspicious but totally innocent.