ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

First-class postman Brian retires after 42 years

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

First-class postman Brian retires after 42 years

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.westbriton.co.uk/real-life-p ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

A FIRST-CLASS postman has been given a royal send-off after clocking up 42 years on the job.

Brian Dunstan has delivered a sterling service to residents in Falmouth and its surrounding parishes since he took up the job at the age of 21.

The 63 year-old started out in the Royal Mail's Falmouth sorting office and later transferred to Flushing and the surrounding areas where he has been delivering the mail for 30 years.

During his last day on Friday a special presentation was held for him by his colleagues, and villagers in Flushing threw him a surprise party.

He said he was overwhelmed after he received more than £2,000 in donations and vouchers from colleagues, customers and friends.

"I feel very humbled," he said.

"I have got a lot of happy memories from my time here. If I could ever do someone a favour I would but I never expected anything for it.

"It's very touching."

Mr Dunstan said he was looking forward to spending more time with his family, especially his young grandsons Shay, Haydn and Taylor.

"We are going to have a lovely holiday in Butlins next month with my daughter, her husband and their three children," he said.

"We've also been given vouchers to go to the Isles of Scilly from one of my customers. My wife and I will do that later this year. Everyone has been very kind."

In the meantime, his wife of more than 40 years, Sue, is looking forward to her husband having a little more free time.

"My wife has lots of jobs for me to do, I believe, so I will probably still be working full time," he joked.

Sandra Skinner, owner of Flushing Village Stores, said Mr Dunstan will be greatly missed.

"He is so helpful," she said. "We just wanted to do something to say thank you.

"He helps everybody out and is very highly thought of."

Her husband Pete added: "He's just such a lovely guy.

"He's a real-life Postman Pat and will do anything for anyone."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.