ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Wrexham MP Raises Concerns Over Post Office Proposals at Westminster Meeting

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Wrexham MP Raises Concerns Over Post Office Proposals at Westminster Meeting

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.wrexham.com/news/wrexham-mp- ... 13514.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Wrexham MP Ian Lucas has met Post Office managers in Westminster to set out his concerns about their plans for a key town centre site.

Last month the Crown Post Office launched consultation asking for the public’s thoughts on proposals to move the Henblas Street branch to upstairs in WH Smiths on Hope Street.

Mr Lucas has already made clear his opposition to the move, and is encouraging constituents to take part in the current consultation running on the proposals.

He has now met with Post Office staff in London to discuss the issues face to face and to highlight concerns – including those raised with him by constituents since the proposals were announced.

Speaking about the proposals, Mr Lucas said: “I remain concerned about the changes, both because of what they will mean for the town centre and what they will mean for my constituents.

“Moving the store will take another shop away from Henblas Street, an area which has already seen a number of store closures. I am concerned as to the effect that will have on the area.

“Meanwhile, the proposals to locate the new store upstairs in WH Smiths are also causing concern among constituents, particularly those who have mobility issues. I know the Post Office have set out proposals for access for the new store, but many people who have contacted me remain to be convinced they will meet their requirements.

“It was good to set out these concerns face to face, and I understand that, as a Government-owned entity, the Post Office have to meet the targets which Conservative Ministers set for them.

“However – as I made clear during the meeting – I still believe that these proposals are the wrong thing for Wrexham.”

Mr Lucas is encouraging people to make their views known on the changes as part of the Post Office’s consultation. Anyone who wants to take part can do so by going to the Post Office website and entering the code 02961499.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.